• Register Today It's free!

Favorite color combinations

flashy09

Reaction score
City, State
goodntough@aol.com
Year, Model & Trim Level
goodntough@aol.com
What combos look best in your opinion? Is there a standout color the Explorer looks great in?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've really am biased here but the White Platinum and the Med Stone interior is a great combo. I live in a tropical area of the U.S. and it has helped keep the heat down tremendously!

I really like the black but it makes the Explorer look smaller than it really is.

I've really am biased here but the White Platinum and the Med Stone interior is a great combo. I live in a tropical area of the U.S. and it has helped keep the heat down tremendously!

I really like the black but it makes the Explorer look smaller than it really is.
Mine is the same. Problem with black is it really shows the dirt and absorbs the heat. I did see a Ford, not the EX, in what looked like the Golden Bronze. I have to admit that it really stood out from the crowd!

I've seen one here in Miami and it looked really really nice, I think I would go for that color as well. I'd do Golden Bronze and Med Stone again....black leather absorbs way too much heat and it fades to white if you don't properly take care of it or worse when you're kids bottle of milk spills on to it.

Ginger Ale

I would have to vote for my combination(2012 Ex): Ginger Ale Metallic with Medium Light Stone leather

http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k544/border_explorer/2012 Explorer/

Pictures dont do it justice. The color takes on different hues with different lighting conditions. Sometimes it looks really gold in direct sunlight. When overcast it appears to have a more greenish hue to it. We have really grown to love the color. At first I was a little hesitant about the color, but it really is gorgeous. Definitely stands out on the road since no one else has a similar color.

I wish the limited would have brought the silver trim...I got wood not a fan.

You're right that is a very unique color for sure...you wanna trade for some wood trim?

We have the white tricoat with pecan interior. The 2 tone interior is very eye catching. Tried the same interior with the dark gray(charcoal), but the car was roasting in 90+ temperature. If you notice most of the Ford ads show white vehicles.

I have black with the light stone interior. Wanted to get black interior, but couldn't find one. I'm actually quite happy with the current combo for a few reasons.

1. The 2 tone looks really nice compared to all black.
2. The seats don't get nearly as hot as the did in my old car, which was black on black.
3. The tinted windows don't seem as dark with the lighter interior, so I'm less likely to be pulled over.

I'm a fan of the medium stone leather interior. The car is very dark inside due to a black headliner. If you get the black interior, virtually every surface of the interior is black and some like that. I prefer the light leather on the seats, doors, lower dash and rear carpets, it make the inside brighter. I have the sterling grey exterior and am very happy with that choice, it is really metallic in the bright sun!

Hmm... in this dry Texas heat, I'll take one in polished metal finish with blue stain colored leather. The car will be cool, and I won't have to deal with the inevitable blue tinted seats. :)

I wonder if I could have the car covered in mylar like those vinyl ad covered cars? That should reflect some heat!

we love our XLT ingot silver with medium light stone leather interior. The two tone dash is nice as well as the interior silver trim. Plus our ingot silver almost matches the look of the satin silver grille, so we have a poormans version of a limited:D
I looked at the black interiors and it seems to make the interior seem a bit cramped.

Ingot under the florida sun really shines... Especially with the polished 20s.
... With charcoal interior.

But I have seen bronze and looks nice... Plat white and tux black too.

df269a7d.jpg

Ingot under the florida sun really shines... Especially with the polished 20s.
... With charcoal interior.

Agree with you on that combination. Silver on black just looks classy. (That is why my wife and I chose that color combo.) Also, the XLT grill color looks the same as the Ingot Silver body color, so people think you paid more for a Limited.

I really don't think you could go wrong with any of the color combinations to be honest. I've seen a number of different colors and have yet to see one that didn't look nice.

My wife and I got the Candy Red. Previously we had always owned black or gray cars - real neutral. I wanted to spice it up a bit.

DSC00797.jpg

I really don't think you could go wrong with any of the color combinations to be honest. I've seen a number of different colors and have yet to see one that didn't look nice.

My wife and I got the Candy Red. Previously we had always owned black or gray cars - real neutral. I wanted to spice it up a bit.

DSC00797.jpg

Very few red ones on the road.

We got candy red on black but I like the tan insert interior also.

I wonder why your Red Candy has chrome lower moldings on the passenger side windows. Everyone else has black moldings.....is this something you added jrmexplorer?

I think it's just sunlight reflecting off the black moulding.

The plat. White with pecan interior, looks real nice in the brouchure, can't wait the combo.

Golden Bronze with Pecan. Great looking inside and out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wonder why your Red Candy has chrome lower moldings on the passenger side windows. Everyone else has black moldings.....is this something you added jrmexplorer?

Just the sunlight reflecting off it at just the right angle.

Back