Feature Truck Mudd***** 4-20-04 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Feature Truck Mudd***** 4-20-04

Here is my truck, so far.

Dead Link Removed

Engine: Stock 4.0 Liter V6 OHV EFI, Borla Exhaust and Headers, KKM True Rev Intake Kit, Splitfire Spark
Transmission: Stock Ford Overdrive Automatic A4LD, Remanufactured from Phoenix Hard Parts, at 205k miles.
Transfer Case: Borg Warner 1354 electric turned manual shift
Steering: 79 Bronco cut down linkage
Front Suspension: 79 Bronco radius arms and Brackets, Early Bronco coil buckets, Rancho RS9112's, Energy 7 degree C Bushings, Wildhorses4x4 EB 5.5" coils, Disconnected sway bars,
Rear Suspension: Stock springs relocated over axle with Mountain Offroad anti-wrap spring perches and shock mounts, Rancho RS9112's, WAR153 Warrior Shackles, Rancho Add-a Leaf
Differentials: Detroit Locker Front, Powertrax No-Slip Rear, 4:88 Gears
Axles: Front Dana 44 with Mile Marker manual hubs and Texas Auto Gear cover; Rear Ford 8.8 with Dutchman 5 lug on 5-1/2" axle shafts, Texas Auto Gear cover.
Driveshafts: High Angle Driveline Rear Driveshaft
Communications: Radio Shack 40 Channel CB, Firestik II antenna
Tires/Wheels: 36x1250x15 TSLs on 15x10 Avalanche Beadlocks, and BFGoodrich AT/KO 35x12.50-15 On 15x10 AE589
Exterior: Rocksliders, Custom rear bumper with swing out tire carrier and double jerry can holder, CB antenna mount and a hi-lift mount, Lund Windjammer, Ventvisor Ventshades, front Clear Corners, fender trimming, PIAA 1500 Pro XT clear fog lights mounted in rear bumper.
Interior: 94 Explorer seats, 1993 Center console
Audio: Blaupunkt PCX 5-1/4" component set in Q-Forms kick panels, MTX6000 10" subwoofer in Stealthbox, Optimus 340 watt amplifier, Blaupunkt 40 watt amplifier, Pioneer head unit, Clarion Pro Audio 5x7 Plates,
Future Mods: Atlas II transfer case, internal roll cage, on board air, front driveshaft, new front bumper, winch, snorkel, FF Dana 60 rear, Alcan Rear 2" Springs

For information on the solid axle swap Dead Link Removed

The transition:
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice Randall. Congrats

Awesome mods... lets all pray that everything under the hood can hold on for many more years.

Hey Randall! YOu might say what kind of truck it is!
91? Nice going! always one of my favorite rigs...

410Fortune said:
Hey Randall! YOu might say what kind of truck it is! hahaha 93 Navajo?
91? Nice going! always one of my favorite rigs...

Navajo? Nope. 1991 4 door, Eddie Bower ;)

Nice work Randall. Always nice to see a SAS that's clean and works well.

Congrats Randall!

Way to go Randall, good job! :chug:

AWSOME RIG Randel

you went from street to sweet.... lookin good man...good job

Shane

Great truck man.

devil.gif
Sweet! Thanks guys!
Just to update the listing above, tranny is now a 700r4, tcase is a 4.3 atlas unit, and I have a new winch mount front bumper enclosing a milemarker 9000 electric winch. I'll also be redoing the SAS at some point with the dana 60 that's lying in my garage.

Congrat Randell. I was fortunate enough to see his rig at Tellico and it's made for the trails!

How you liking the 700R4? This mod has crossed my mind several times. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the mods and to see your rig again sometime.

Congrats Randall! :smoke:
I'm still not gonna park behind you anymore. :nono:

Attachments

• 08020085.JPG
    08020085.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 5,911

awsome truck! Congrats!

attachment.php

Hey.... I made it in that picture. Why havent I ever seen that :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back