Feature Truck Mudd***** 4-20-04 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Feature Truck Mudd***** 4-20-04

Here is my truck, so far.

Dead Link Removed

Engine: Stock 4.0 Liter V6 OHV EFI, Borla Exhaust and Headers, KKM True Rev Intake Kit, Splitfire Spark
Transmission: Stock Ford Overdrive Automatic A4LD, Remanufactured from Phoenix Hard Parts, at 205k miles.
Transfer Case: Borg Warner 1354 electric turned manual shift
Steering: 79 Bronco cut down linkage
Front Suspension: 79 Bronco radius arms and Brackets, Early Bronco coil buckets, Rancho RS9112's, Energy 7 degree C Bushings, Wildhorses4x4 EB 5.5" coils, Disconnected sway bars,
Rear Suspension: Stock springs relocated over axle with Mountain Offroad anti-wrap spring perches and shock mounts, Rancho RS9112's, WAR153 Warrior Shackles, Rancho Add-a Leaf
Differentials: Detroit Locker Front, Powertrax No-Slip Rear, 4:88 Gears
Axles: Front Dana 44 with Mile Marker manual hubs and Texas Auto Gear cover; Rear Ford 8.8 with Dutchman 5 lug on 5-1/2" axle shafts, Texas Auto Gear cover.
Driveshafts: High Angle Driveline Rear Driveshaft
Communications: Radio Shack 40 Channel CB, Firestik II antenna
Tires/Wheels: 36x1250x15 TSLs on 15x10 Avalanche Beadlocks, and BFGoodrich AT/KO 35x12.50-15 On 15x10 AE589
Exterior: Rocksliders, Custom rear bumper with swing out tire carrier and double jerry can holder, CB antenna mount and a hi-lift mount, Lund Windjammer, Ventvisor Ventshades, front Clear Corners, fender trimming, PIAA 1500 Pro XT clear fog lights mounted in rear bumper.
Interior: 94 Explorer seats, 1993 Center console
Audio: Blaupunkt PCX 5-1/4" component set in Q-Forms kick panels, MTX6000 10" subwoofer in Stealthbox, Optimus 340 watt amplifier, Blaupunkt 40 watt amplifier, Pioneer head unit, Clarion Pro Audio 5x7 Plates,
Future Mods: Atlas II transfer case, internal roll cage, on board air, front driveshaft, new front bumper, winch, snorkel, FF Dana 60 rear, Alcan Rear 2" Springs

For information on the solid axle swap Dead Link Removed

The transition:
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mudd***** said:
New winch mount bumper.

That bumper looks remarkably familiar...I can't quite place it ;)

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Michael said:
That bumper looks remarkably familiar...I can't quite place it ;)

Mine is a little different, to avoid copyright disputes ;)
The 'wings' are mounted about two inches higher than that other guys. Mine replaces that thin piece of sheet metal that normally goes underneath the headlights.

Why does your rear bumper look so familiar? ROFL

Congrats, Nice X and great pic's. :chug:

Here's some pictures of Randall's truck from yesterday.

The first one is of his new Atlas II transfercase with driveline parking brake and transmission mount and skidplate.

Attachments

• 05020005.JPG
    05020005.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 790
  • 05020033.JPG
    05020033.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 787
  • 05020098.JPG
    05020098.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 778

That Atlas looks a little low on fluid.... :D

Attachments

• 05020005.JPG
    05020005.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 653

pic # 2

hey bro i am very new to the explore world so parden me if this is too much of a rookie question what lift name and size and what tire size is on your ex in the second pic of the evolution
Rick said:
Here is my truck, so far.

Dead Link Removed

Engine: Stock 4.0 Liter V6 OHV EFI, Borla Exhaust and Headers, KKM True Rev Intake Kit, Splitfire Spark
Transmission: Stock Ford Overdrive Automatic A4LD, Remanufactured from Phoenix Hard Parts, at 205k miles.
Transfer Case: Borg Warner 1354 electric turned manual shift
Steering: 79 Bronco cut down linkage
Front Suspension: 79 Bronco radius arms and Brackets, Early Bronco coil buckets, Rancho RS9112's, Energy 7 degree C Bushings, Wildhorses4x4 EB 5.5" coils, Disconnected sway bars,
Rear Suspension: Stock springs relocated over axle with Mountain Offroad anti-wrap spring perches and shock mounts, Rancho RS9112's, WAR153 Warrior Shackles, Rancho Add-a Leaf
Differentials: Detroit Locker Front, Powertrax No-Slip Rear, 4:88 Gears
Axles: Front Dana 44 with Mile Marker manual hubs and Texas Auto Gear cover; Rear Ford 8.8 with Dutchman 5 lug on 5-1/2" axle shafts, Texas Auto Gear cover.
Driveshafts: High Angle Driveline Rear Driveshaft
Communications: Radio Shack 40 Channel CB, Firestik II antenna
Tires/Wheels: 36x1250x15 TSLs on 15x10 Avalanche Beadlocks, and BFGoodrich AT/KO 35x12.50-15 On 15x10 AE589
Exterior: Rocksliders, Custom rear bumper with swing out tire carrier and double jerry can holder, CB antenna mount and a hi-lift mount, Lund Windjammer, Ventvisor Ventshades, front Clear Corners, fender trimming, PIAA 1500 Pro XT clear fog lights mounted in rear bumper.
Interior: 94 Explorer seats, 1993 Center console
Audio: Blaupunkt PCX 5-1/4" component set in Q-Forms kick panels, MTX6000 10" subwoofer in Stealthbox, Optimus 340 watt amplifier, Blaupunkt 40 watt amplifier, Pioneer head unit, Clarion Pro Audio 5x7 Plates,
Future Mods: Atlas II transfer case, internal roll cage, on board air, front driveshaft, new front bumper, winch, snorkel, FF Dana 60 rear, Alcan Rear 2" Springs

For information on the solid axle swap Dead Link Removed

The transition:
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

Thanks for posting the pics John :D

freky1 said:
hey bro i am very new to the explore world so parden me if this is too much of a rookie question what lift name and size and what tire size is on your ex in the second pic of the evolution

Stupidlift 5.5", 1" coil spacers, warrior shackles, 33x1250x15 thornturds.

Nice new pictures :thumbsup: How do you like the Atlas, and how does the brake work??

JoshC said:
Nice new pictures :thumbsup: How do you like the Atlas, and how does the brake work??

The atlas is great. It takes some getting used to, mostly because I've been crawling under the truck for the last year or so to engage the transfer case. The ebrake needs to be adjusted a bit, I don't think that it is quite grabbing right now.

Yeah, Randal. I did that same mod. It is so cool up here when I get stuck in the snow in 2x and I got to tunnel down to shift it in. Now that I know you were doing it too, I think it is going to be the next thing. I am talking to Atlas about it right now.

Hi, I was just wondering if you could tell me a little about the lift you did on your Explorer. I have a '93 Explorer Sport 2WD and I'm trying to lift it big much like you have done. I would appreciate any helpful info.

Thanks

Git R Done

The one with the Bronco coil buckets. I know you have all the specs listed above, but did you go to a junkyard to slavage the parts, did you buy it as a whole kit, or was it custom fabricated with parts from other Fords?

Thanks,

Git R Done

Theguy155 said:
The one with the Bronco coil buckets. I know you have all the specs listed above, but did you go to a junkyard to slavage the parts, did you buy it as a whole kit, or was it custom fabricated with parts from other Fords?

Thanks,

Git R Done

I bought a junked out 79 full size bronco and took most of the parts from there. I got the coil buckets from Broncograveyard.com, originally from a 77 EB. The transmision crosmember was custom fabricated. The radius arms, coil retainers, steering linkage, and front axle all came from a 79 bronco. the coils were from wildhorses4x4.com; new brakes, hubs, and hardware from autozone; trackbar mount custom fabricated; upper shock mounts are from an f250, bought through BCBroncos.com. Detroit Locker from ebay, gears from drivetrain direct. Rear axle shafts from dutchmanaxles.com. rear suspension is just the stock leafs with a rancho add a leaf from offroadunlimited.com, warrior shackles from jcwhitney.com, and spring over axle perches from mountainoffroad.com. Shocks were from 4wheelparts.com. Tires and wheels used off of Pirate4x4.com. I think that covers it.

Thanks a lot

hello. I was tolled to put in to my 93 Explore a 6" for ranger lift is this ok?

How did you make your Borg Warner 1354 electric turned manual shift. I would like to do the same.

Easy, you remove the electric shift motor from the back of the transfer case and turn the little nob behind the motor manually. This has its disadvantages. For example, you will now have to crawl under your truck to shift it into 4wd. I.E. This is not something that you would do if your shift motor still works. But if the motor is bad, then this will work in a pinch. The post I put up on this subject was meant to be a joke. The best way to turn your tcase into a manual is to replace it. Which is why I now have an atlas III.

Back