Feb 2013 leasing info for Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Feb 2013 leasing info for Explorer Sport

ocjab

Reaction score
In California
Residual = 58% at 10.5k miles, 57% at 12k and 55% at 15K
MF is .000125, or approximately 0.25%.

On $48,640 MSRP, got $3k in incentives/rebates, plus some dealer discount to get price to $44,700 (Invoice is about $45,000). Might be able to do better, but there are currently almost no Sports in my area. I think $1k under invoice is doable on other models.
With $558 drive off, 36 months, 12k miles, my payment is right at $500 + tax, $543 month. Remember to roll in the $595 acquisition fee to the total when you are working your numbers.

Saw another thread where someone mentioned a $500 lease payment on a $50k car is crazy. Don't know how you do much better with almost free money, a fairly strong residual, a price below invoice and little out of pocket.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was finally able to lease an Explorer Sport today in NYC

402a/sunroof/roof rails/+ a few other little things. Tuxedo outside, black leather inside. ~$48,500 MSRP.

terms: 12k miles, 39 months

price: $1700 up front (1st month, DMV fees, bank fee) and $502 a month after tax.

took a while to find a decent price. other dealers quoted something like 2k and $560 a month on a 10.5k lease. that's with tier 1 credit.

the only issue now is that i have to wait for it. but the car is in crazy high demand, especially since something like 100k+ cars perished during Hurricane Sandy with people still looking for new rides.

So comparing my deal to yours, adjust for your extra three payments on a 39 month lease (approx $462 x 3) and the $1140 more that you paid in drive off, it would be the 36 month equivalent of $532 + tax = $578.55. (8.75% tax rate).

But, overall you still cant complain. If you bought the car for $46k, 60 months at 1.9% financing, your payment would be in the $875 range. You'd keep it for three years, get tired of it and trade it in with little to no equity.

FYI - try to avoid 39 month leases in the future. You will have to pay auto registration in the final year of the lease and only have the car for three months until lease termination

So comparing my deal to yours, adjust for your extra three payments on a 39 month lease (approx $462 x 3) and the $1140 more that you paid in drive off, it would be the 36 month equivalent of $532 + tax = $578.55. (8.75% tax rate).

But, overall you still cant complain. If you bought the car for $46k, 60 months at 1.9% financing, your payment would be in the $875 range. You'd keep it for three years, get tired of it and trade it in with little to no equity.

FYI - try to avoid 39 month leases in the future. You will have to pay auto registration in the final year of the lease and only have the car for three months until lease termination

While this is true, 39 month leases usually have a residual advantage over the 36 month lease (i.e. don't have a residual which includes a full quarter of depreciation), so the small amount of the tag renewal is outweighed by the payment difference over the term of the contract.

I am in California too and picking up my ordered Sport this weekend. MSRP is $50,850 and negotiated cap cost is $47,746.29, which works out to $0 drive off and $558/mo. including tax for a 36 month lease with 10,500 miles. Too many variables but sounds like the deals are pretty comparable (adjusting for miles might make yours better, not sure). If you request an Explorer brochure online from Ford, there is a coupon in the back with customer cash (was $750, this month is $500 I think). That helped me get it down a little bit more.

Back