Feeler: A4LD Rebuilt+Upgraded Valve Bodies | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Feeler: A4LD Rebuilt+Upgraded Valve Bodies

Curious if there is interest in the following. Please let me know, if so I can start selling these soon.

Having trouble with your A4LD not shifting right? Want it to shift like it should without paying over $1000 for a rebuild by some shady transmission shop?

I can provide rebuilt and upgraded A4LD valve bodies (complete assemblies with solenoids) and all necessary new gaskets to install them, with instructions. Below is what I will do:

-Start with good 93/94 style valve body, separator plate included
-Cleaned, stripped down, ALL components checked and cleaned, including solenoids
-Transgo Shift Correction kit installed (recalibrated spool/valve springs, additional check balls as required, modified check pucks, modified separator plate, and more)
-New valve body gasket set included, upper and lower
-New reverse servo gasket and recalibration spring included with instructions
-Install any further upgrades you choose (see "Options" below)

This valve body will arrive at your door ready to install. New transmission fluid, a torque wrench and basic hand tools are all that would be needed for install. Full instructions will be included on performing the valve body swap. It could be completed in a day by a novice mechanic.

Pricing:
Valve body, complete rebuilt, with shift correction kit installed and all necessary seals/gaskets for installation - $200 shipped within US
Options (Ask me for advice on which are right for you):
Brand new solenoids for 3-4 shift and TCC lockup, installed - Add $40
Sonnax Boost Valve Kit, installed - Add $40
Sonnax Valve Body End Plug Kit, installed - Add $15
Sonnax High Radius Relief Valves, installed - Add $5
Sonnax 35mm governor weight, with instructions, you install - Add $10
Other Sonnax upgrades, as desired - ASK
New Wix brand transmission filter and pan gasket - Add $25
New Vacuum Modulator with installation instructions - Add $20

A core option may be offered to let you ship me your old valve body for a credit.

Any interest?

Attachments

• CIMG2436.jpg
    CIMG2436.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 3,355

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Heath

Elite Moderator Intoxicator
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Rigby, ID
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Excursion (THE BUS)
If you're planning on offering this as a service for folks and not just a one time deal on one item already in your possession that you're offing to modify before selling it then you'll need to talk to Rick about upgrading to a Vendor account.

arco777

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer 2dr 4x4
If you're planning on offering this as a service for folks and not just a one time deal on one item already in your possession that you're offing to modify before selling it then you'll need to talk to Rick about upgrading to a Vendor account.

Understood. If several people express interest in purchase, then I will definitely see about becoming a vendor before continuing. Thank you for the heads up.

Benjam

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT Stick,4x4, 422 cam
So are these interchangeable with a 92 model a4ld? If so then I'm somewhat interested..

Benjam :D

arco777

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer 2dr 4x4
So are these interchangeable with a 92 model a4ld? If so then I'm somewhat interested..

Benjam :D

I have successfully installed a rebuilt and upgraded 1994 model valve body onto a 1992 model A4LD. It worked great.

Really there is little difference in the procedures of rebuilding 91/92/93/94 model valve bodies. I could rebuild any of them.

However, nobody has expressed serious interest in having these valve bodies rebuilt as a service, so I am not offering it as such.

If anyone has questions about how to do it yourself or where to get the parts, they can PM me.

BurrFoot

Reaction score
City, State
calgary
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer
is this still available? i would most definitely purchase one right now. not looking forward to doing this myself.

arco777

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer 2dr 4x4
There was never any interest so I didn't start doing it for people.

It really isn't hard, you just need to take your time and a clean workspace (a lint free towel is fine).