Feeler: A4LD Rebuilt+Upgraded Valve Bodies | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Feeler: A4LD Rebuilt+Upgraded Valve Bodies

Curious if there is interest in the following. Please let me know, if so I can start selling these soon.

Having trouble with your A4LD not shifting right? Want it to shift like it should without paying over $1000 for a rebuild by some shady transmission shop?

I can provide rebuilt and upgraded A4LD valve bodies (complete assemblies with solenoids) and all necessary new gaskets to install them, with instructions. Below is what I will do:

-Start with good 93/94 style valve body, separator plate included
-Cleaned, stripped down, ALL components checked and cleaned, including solenoids
-Transgo Shift Correction kit installed (recalibrated spool/valve springs, additional check balls as required, modified check pucks, modified separator plate, and more)
-New valve body gasket set included, upper and lower
-New reverse servo gasket and recalibration spring included with instructions
-Install any further upgrades you choose (see "Options" below)

This valve body will arrive at your door ready to install. New transmission fluid, a torque wrench and basic hand tools are all that would be needed for install. Full instructions will be included on performing the valve body swap. It could be completed in a day by a novice mechanic.

Pricing:
Valve body, complete rebuilt, with shift correction kit installed and all necessary seals/gaskets for installation - $200 shipped within US
Options (Ask me for advice on which are right for you):
Brand new solenoids for 3-4 shift and TCC lockup, installed - Add $40
Sonnax Boost Valve Kit, installed - Add $40
Sonnax Valve Body End Plug Kit, installed - Add $15
Sonnax High Radius Relief Valves, installed - Add $5
Sonnax 35mm governor weight, with instructions, you install - Add $10
Other Sonnax upgrades, as desired - ASK
New Wix brand transmission filter and pan gasket - Add $25
New Vacuum Modulator with installation instructions - Add $20

A core option may be offered to let you ship me your old valve body for a credit.

Any interest?

Attachments

• CIMG2436.jpg
    CIMG2436.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 3,439

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you're planning on offering this as a service for folks and not just a one time deal on one item already in your possession that you're offing to modify before selling it then you'll need to talk to Rick about upgrading to a Vendor account.

If you're planning on offering this as a service for folks and not just a one time deal on one item already in your possession that you're offing to modify before selling it then you'll need to talk to Rick about upgrading to a Vendor account.

Understood. If several people express interest in purchase, then I will definitely see about becoming a vendor before continuing. Thank you for the heads up.

So are these interchangeable with a 92 model a4ld? If so then I'm somewhat interested..

Benjam :D

So are these interchangeable with a 92 model a4ld? If so then I'm somewhat interested..

Benjam :D

I have successfully installed a rebuilt and upgraded 1994 model valve body onto a 1992 model A4LD. It worked great.

Really there is little difference in the procedures of rebuilding 91/92/93/94 model valve bodies. I could rebuild any of them.

However, nobody has expressed serious interest in having these valve bodies rebuilt as a service, so I am not offering it as such.

If anyone has questions about how to do it yourself or where to get the parts, they can PM me.

is this still available? i would most definitely purchase one right now. not looking forward to doing this myself.

There was never any interest so I didn't start doing it for people.

It really isn't hard, you just need to take your time and a clean workspace (a lint free towel is fine).

Back