Feeler: may sell superlift and go with SAS. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Feeler: may sell superlift and go with SAS.

onecooltngeek

Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Sport
Ok.
Locally i have a line on a D44 front, 9" rear from an 79 bronco taht have been fully gone through and rebuilt, regeared (5.13's), spools, etc... from a currently running trail truck so I feel good about the axles.

Have a line for someone to help with the SAS ( read that as do all the work for me) who has experience doing SAS on earlier explorers, so I'm confident in his work.

Problem is $$$.
So is there much of a market for a used superlift, used 3" body lift, and front/rear stock axles w/ 4.56 gears and open diffs??

I figure a jeeper would buy the rearend pretty quick.
Wasn't sure if many would be interested in the superlift and the body lift.
Also wasn't sure what new ones go for (including the rear leafs, as I'll probably put stock ones back on the rear and do SoA.

A big part of figuring out if I can go this route, is how much $$ I'll recoup after selling the existing stuff.

So for you guys who have been around for awhile, what kinda $$ are the used superlifts (everything that came w/ kit except shocks) worth?

Will be a few months down the road if I go this route, so I'll be sure to become an elite member here so I can post it to the classifieds if/when it come available.

Thanks!
Ken

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A used superlift goes for around 6-800 depending on what it comes with. Full kit used in good condition with rear springs you could get 8-900. Add $250 if you are selling a superlift front driveshaft.

Axles sets will sell for about $400 to a forum member or $300 for just the rear to a jeeper. Good luck selling the front then.

Bodylift - $100 IF you have all the bolts and if not $75

Thanks boomin...
Sounds like I can get a little more out of it than I thought I would.

So I guess in a few months there may be another sporttrac up on the SAS registry.

Ken

I for one would interested in the IFS stuff if thing were not so bad in the Job dept. right now.

Maybe thing will change here soon for the Better.

I would be interested in the body lift if it has all the components.

if you ever want to get rid of that superlift, i would buy it in a heartbeat! been wanting to buy one for a while, but they are expensive new, but id go for a used on in good shape...

Found this thread in a search. I too would be interested in buying the used Superlift. If it ever happens, shoot me a PM.

sell it to Jason!

we'll have that in his truck in about four hours! LOL

just bring it to me! I'll make it fit! LOL

sell it to Jason!

we'll have that in his truck in about four hours! LOL

just bring it to me! I'll make it fit! LOL

Haha! George, I'm honestly thinking about just spending the money and getting the kit new. I'm gonna need someone to help install, so get ready. :D

when ever your ready man!

I would be more than happy to help. and if you need to we can do it here as well.

Full-size Bronco axles will be too wide unless you add some massive fender flares. What you want are early Bronco axles (D44 and 9") because they are the correct width for Rangers and Explorers. Problem is that only the last two years (76-77) have disc brakes on the D44 and they are scarce as hen's teeth because they've been out of production for 34 years and there weren't that many to begin with.

Hey, I mean to put 1979 as the year up there in the original post=)

Ya, I knwo they will be wider, im in TN, so no real laws regarding that ( no emissions either)...

my jeep had full size axes, and I've been in explorers with them, and I like the wider stance for trail stability...

I've got my shop time scheduled for early September, so it will all be for sale after that....

I'll get an elite membership and post up an ad when it happens to keep it fair for the site, and fair for everyone else...

I think I'll start a SAS thread, cause I have a few questions regarding the steering setup

yea!
I didn't know how scarce they were until I had mine!

before:
100-0064_IMG.jpg

during:
DSCN0677.jpg

and where it sits right now:
DSCN2075.jpg

although my 66-67 axle did not come with disc brakes.

I admit... that is the first neon yellow axle I have ever seen ... and I like it...

Back