Felt pads on front seat belts ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Felt pads on front seat belts ?

JFUSION

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
I noticed the front passenger seat belt female section has a double sized felt pad on it , but the driver side has none. Does anyone have one on their driver side seat belt ?, just curious if my driver side should have one or not. Thanks for any replies.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thats for the hefty passenger to protect the center console....I refer to them as BMWs.....

Big Missouri Women!!!! Yikes watch out!!!!

Thats for the hefty passenger to protect the center console....I refer to them as BMWs.....

Big Missouri Women!!!! Yikes watch out!!!!

Ah okay so not used on the driver side ?. Make note to self , do not pick up women in Missouri, lol. ;)

I noticed the front passenger seat belt female section has a double sized felt pad on it , but the driver side has none. Does anyone have one on their driver side seat belt ?, just curious if my driver side should have one or not. Thanks for any replies.

I would guess the passenger side one has the felt to keep it from rattling or squeaking against other surfaces when the seat is not occupied. I assume the driver side doesn't have one because it will be buckled all the time the car is occupied, thusly holding the female portion firmly, and in a rattle free position.

I would guess the passenger side one has the felt to keep it from rattling or squeaking against other surfaces when the seat is not occupied. I assume the driver side doesn't have one because it will be buckled all the time the car is occupied, thusly holding the female portion firmly, and in a rattle free position.

Thanks for the reply, that makes sense. :thumbsup:

Had the same issue when I picked my x up, but if you look at the angles of the female recep. You wil see why, they installed on pax.. Side only. Makes sense, but I like uniformity, and had the dealer order another one and installed it on the driver side, works great, just in case I have BMW driving it!

Had the same issue when I picked my x up, but if you look at the angles of the female recep. You wil see why, they installed on pax.. Side only. Makes sense, but I like uniformity, and had the dealer order another one and installed it on the driver side, works great, just in case I have BMW driving it!

LMAO!! Great to have time again to be on the forums!!

With low rates of seatbelt use in the US you would think they would put one on the driver side too, lol. When I first saw it i thought they put two on the passenger by accident and missed the driver side as the passenger side one is two layers thick.

Back