fender cuts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

fender cuts

Alright, I got my 33s and mounted em on 15x10s. I need to trim my fenders to get em to fit. I was hoping someone had some pics and/or suggestions of the cleanest way to do it. The shop mentioned something about my tires sitting too far back in the wheel well, so they need to adjust the torsion bars to fix that. Is that from my TT or where they giving my a little smoke and mirrors?

My thoughts on cutting my fenders was to take off the trim peice (silver fender flare). Next I would cut out how much I wanted, then bend a new lip in from the fender and remount the trim piece. (obviously it will be stretched a little) What do you guys think? I want it to be clean. I dont want to just take a sawzall to it and call it a day. Lemme know what you guys think.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

cranking the torsio bars will give you more lift, not move anything forward.

Sawzall will trim metal and plastic! It can be done cleanly for sure.

I used a hammer on my 88 BII to clearance the metal fenders, it actually came out quite nice! But it was only for a couple days until I could install my fiberglass.

when I said that they sit too far back in the wheel well, I meant if you look at the side of the car, the wheels are closer to the door than they are to the front bumper. Hence the rub problem. I think a little later tonight I am going to see what I can do with a cut-off wheel and a little bit of motivation...

You'll get much better results with the cutoff wheel over the sawzall. :thumbsup:

i would use masking tape to lay out were your going to cut. also it will help to protect the paint if you slip when cutting.

I cut the fenders on my 90' ranger last weekend, and I used a sawzall and a pair of tin snips. It came out really good. Just take your time. I chopped mine up so I could stick 32's on the truck. That took alot of trimming considering its a 1990 2wd ranger, and the 32's are on 15x10 rims.

Back