Fender flares for 89-92 Ranger/BroncoII | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fender flares for 89-92 Ranger/BroncoII

AlaskanJack

Elite Cabin-Fever Captain
Reaction score
City, State
Centralia, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 , 93 & 01 Sports
Does anyone know if these fender flares will fit a 91 Explorer Sport, Warn Cut to fit, for 89-92 Ranger and BroncoII??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bump

The fornt flares should be the same exact as your Explorer, since it is a 89+ BII it has the same front grill and fenders as the 91-94 Ex.

Howver in the rear you may have some problems if the Explorer is a 4 door........

If it is a 2 door Sport then you SHOULD be able to make them work..

Dont fool yourself though, the Ranger bedsides and BII rear 1/4 panels are way different, so they are not planning on cutting much to get them to fit, and on an Explorer you may pnly be able to trim a little bit do to the body seams behind the fender/wheel well....

I bet you can make them work on a 2 door Ex, 4 door I would be skeptical....

Well cool that may allow me to braoden my search for a used set of Warn cut to fit flares. I saw a set on Ebay for 200, but just can't afford it just yet. I have other priorities for the Ex first.

Next On board air and a custom snorkel. The snorkel should look pretty sweet if everything comes together as nice as I hope. I've been working on a desing in CAD and now I just need to run some tests and verify some things before fabrication starts.

Tell me about it! I got some fiberglass front fenders for my truck about 6 months ago....figured this will be easy...

WRONG.

Currently my:
battery tray
power distribution box
charcoal canister
wiring
cruise control canister

All rely on the inner fender skirt for some type of support. The skirts need to be modified to accomodate the new fenders, so I have to custom mount all that junk, with a new battery tray required its gonna take some doing. :)

Oh and I'm going to Moab in 3 weeks. Here's what must be done prior to then:

-Cut and turned TTB beams rebuilt . We built a set for my truck, new ball joints, etc, well they are wrong, so we have to build another set, got the donors already.
-6" lift coils and beams installed
-fenders installed
-2" rear lift blocks installed
-alignment
-parking brake cable modified

of course also fluid changes, ebaring lube, etc etc etc....

:)

keep us posted on the snorkel design.....I am leaning towards a cold air box built around my filter using a Nissan 300Z hood scoop and a water drain built in.....

Guys,
I just went to the junkyard today and got a set of wide flares from a 98 Explorer. I have a 91 and they fit. The only thing I need to do is drill holes in the fender to accomidate the retainers for the flares. They cost me 60 for the front. The warn flares are 354.00 for the whole set. He would'nt sell the rears because they were on good fenders. I also primed them and painted them with a spray on bedliner paint. It gives them a cool rubberized look. Just a little FYI.

Josh- Were those stock flares?

"Man haven't you learned by now?"

You gotta post pics when saying something like that. Show us what they look like.

The flares appear to be the stock ones I just got them yesterday afternoon and I wanted to paint them before they went on. They were grey and my truck is all black trim and maroon paint. There seems to be a couple of different sizes, the ones I found are fat, probably 2 to 3 inches wide on the bottom. I will get pics soon.

I was thinking about getting some Warn flares for my 1st gen, can they be painted or is the plastic too flexible to prevent adequate stick? I figure since I have to have my X repaired anyway (side-swiped:mad: ) I might as well fix it up right!
Thanks guys!
Greg

Bump- I've having my car repaired next Tuesday...so I need to know whether or not to get one.

OK, I have pics but I can't post them. I think you have to be an elite member to do that. I will e-mail them to you guys if you want to see. I only had to drill holes in the bottom lip of my fender. They sit up against the fender fine so I did'nt bother drilling holes for the snaps that go in the side of the fender. Drop me a line and I will send them. ------------------ Josh

How do i post then

use the img button for the url.

He can only use the IMG button if they are already on the web somwhere like msn or sound domain. If he wants to load the pics directly from his computer he can't without being Elite.

Josh just email them to me and I will post them.

kcarpenter@sbsalaska.com

OK Jack you got em. You should have 3. Take your pick.

aah I just realized my work email removes all attached files for security reasons. resend them to carpenters@gci.net

OK, I just went to geocities and started a website. I will put the address below for the Pix of my explorer with the fender flares.

Explorerpix

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That looks good

kodakpics_002.jpg

Do you have a close up pic of the fender where it meets the bottom near the door.

Back