fender flares

N1265

Reaction score
City, State
Fremont Oh
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 explorer
Hi guys,

Do they make an aftermarket wheel opening molding trim or a fender flair that is NOT chrome ? I just want something to hide the rust spots on my 96 ex.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Basic choices I've seen are chromed steel or black plastic. Not sure why, but the plastic is like 3-4 times the price. You can always get the chrome then sand and paint any color you like.

I would fix the rust before you try to hide it or you will just be creating a moisture trap to make the cancer grow even faster. Cut out the bad and seal any clean bare metal with a good rust proofer. Then cover the area with trim if you dont want to or cant do body work.

This is what I'm doing I jaut cant find flares for the rear for a 2002 ex sport any ideas where to get them or what fits

I always get scorned for this but have you looked into a set of Eddie Bauer flares? The can be painted whatever color you want and are available at your local salvage yard.

I always get scorned for this but have you looked into a set of Eddie Bauer flares? The can be painted whatever color you want and are available at your local salvage yard.

Is it that easy to take them off and put them on a alt? I might do that if it is

I'm sure they're easy to remove....I'll take a look tomorrow in the light..... here's a pic of my E.B. with the running boards removed - what your rig would essentially look like adding them...
Oops....just noticed your sport is a 2002 (Huston nimmo).... I assume there's the proper forum for that-- Maybe the sport trac ones will work on your 02 sport.
I'll just leave my pics for anyone with 2nd gen who might want to see what adding E.B. flares would look like...

SPLODER SIDE W BUMPER.jpg

SPLODER FRONT.jpg

Back