Fender flares | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fender flares

Fender flares on a 94 XLT

I currently have the fiberglass runningboard/fenderflare combo. It looks nice but more of a street setup. I enjoy going off the trail and fiberglass just cracks at the joint and chip/flakes when it hits anything. I want to take these off but my wife insists on it looking good when I'm done. It has a custom fade from dark gray/black to white, it hasen't been painted under the flare-boards.
I am planning to hurc the rockers and hopefully get some sliders at some point but I still need some fender flares.
I called Performance and they have some they make that have a no drill application (3M adn some clips). Unfortunatly they only make them for 95 up models. My question is they have some for the 93 up ranger would this work on my 94 4 door XLT?
I really like these b/c they don't require drilling, and are like $280 for all 4.
Please let me know if the application would fit and any suggestions on this project.
Thanks
Blake :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Ranger flares will not work. The rear flares on your Explorer are split where the doors are, right? Part of it is attached to the body, the other part to the door. The rear flares for a Ranger are all one piece since there is no door.

An idea just crossed my mind....

The front fenders on the Ranger and Explorer are the same aren't they? The rears are the same on the Explorers. It should be possible to order just the front flares for the Ranger and the rears for a '95 Explorer. If they are the same type of flare they may match appearance. Just something for you to look into...

The flares I curently have don't come up high enough to get in the way of the door. Could the ranger's rear be cut to work? If so what is the level of difficulty here? I don't think performance will sell them to me in individual front vs back but I will call and ask. Any other suggestions for about the same $ range. Would I be better to just hurc everywhere the old setup used to be? One quick question aboout hurc, is it only like really indestructable paint, or can the area it covers really take a wack that would ding or bend non hurc areas? (ex just keep sticks and gravel from scratching or take a good bang from a shopping cart or rock?)
:( :rolleyes: :p

just wanted a little bump thanks:D :D :D :D :D

The new flares would come up high enough to interfere with the doors. Cutting them and having them look half decent would probably be almost impossible.
Some places do sell them seperately. Just mention you were in a wreck or something and only the certain ones were damaged. Just make sure you see some pictures of the flares before hand to make sure they will match each other nicely if you decide to go that route.

Herculiner won't make the metal stronger for standing up to dents. It may help some since it's hard, but not some miracle or anything. It's more like bumpy, indestructable paint.

Ok Humph! Performance won't sell them in pairs just as a 4 set, That would run me like $600 for what "might work" and leave me with a pair of front and back that would not fit.
Performance has them made by a company out of California called EGR. If I could contact them I might be able to see if I could get them direct from the company by I couldn't get any info for a phone # or city. Can anyone out there help????:frustrate :frustrate
I really like the performance because of the cost and the no drill aspect. Any help is GREATLY appriciated.
I'm sure that if I can find these there would other members with pre 94 ex's that might be interested. Or any of you with pre 94 ex's that have already gotten flares for a reasonable price please help me out!
Thanks again
Blake

Nothing? Can no one shed some light on EGR or flares for a 94 that dont cost a body part?:confused: :D
OK I check what i could find from here in MO, EGR amy be,
EGR INC
132 GARDEN ST # 30
SANTA BARBARA, CA
(805)564-4407 or
EGR GLOBAL TECHNOLOGY INC
94 BONAVENTURA DR
SAN JOSE, CA
(408)241-3471 or
EGR INTL
4316 IRONWOOD AVE
SEAL BEACH, CA
(562)598-2040
If anyone knows if its one of these places please let me know, or like i said other suggestions?

Dead Link Removed

Finding that site was a pain in the butt. It took me forever to find the EGR site a while back when I was looking at some of their products.
Good luck with customer service though. I emailed them about a few things and never got a response.

if you find anything thats looks like a good deal on flares drop me a line,the cheapest I have seen is 340 a set but you have to drill,which does not make a difference to me either way,then you have to include the shipping on top of that.Thanks Brad in Iowa

I'm contacting EGR now. I suggsted if they haven't made it for the 94 and earlier they would get good service from us and asked if they don't make it how many people it would take to get them done? They said that the company that produces them iis out of Aus. and that the company is going to be getting rid of the molds for 95-99. They currently have 83 sets instock of the 95-99 and once those are gone they won't carry them anymore. He told me that if we had enough buyers for the 94 and earlier that they could easily anticipate creating some. So... I need to know how many potential buyers there could be for fender flares for the 94 and earlier. They would be no drill installation (or you can drill them) consisting of a combination of clips, screw plugs, screws, and washers that are used to provide robust attachment for hood shields, Fender Flares and Bodykit packages. Installed according to the recommended instructions, EGR's NO DRILL fixing methods will not cause damage or corrosion to the hood or other parts of the vehicle. The systems are quick to install with common hand tools and detailed pictorial type installation guides are supplied. They would give approximately 1 1/2" coverage. Estimated retail would be about $280, based on current styles sold. Let me know if this is worth my time to look into or just let it go. I haven't done this before, but if it takes we may get additional mods for our explorers if we can show them there is a market.

If you can get a set for under 300 I am in

How long are we looking at?

fairly short time, they already have molds that would fit the front, so just new one's for the rear so the 4 door would open. Any help from some moderators or people that have done this before would be appriciated, I got the ball rolling and I think this has potential. Anyone can click on their site to look at the products they sell. Remember I first saw them in a Performance magazine and that is what struck my intrest. I don't have to have a 100% "I am in" though that would be great! Just a "If they made one I would most likely buy it" Look at the site and if anyone out there has these for the newer model ex, please let us know what you think.:bounce:

I non daily driver needs flares bad I have already been hasseled by the police once,and its doing a number on the body not having them.

egr.com doesn't show a sample image of the fender flares

Back