Fender Liner Fasteners

C420sailor

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT SOHC, 99 EB 5.0L
‘99 5.0. My ‘98 is a few states away, so I can’t compare the two. Previous owner used some twisted up pieces of clothes hanger (real classy) to attach the front fender liners to the fenders. The rattle made me think the engine was going!

Anyway, I’d like to fix this properly. What kind of fasteners are stock here? Hopefully they’re generic and not dealer, but I’ll do what I gotta do. Thanks, all

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

‘99 5.0. My ‘98 is a few states away, so I can’t compare the two. Previous owner used some twisted up pieces of clothes hanger (real classy) to attach the front fender liners to the fenders. The rattle made me think the engine was going!

Anyway, I’d like to fix this properly. What kind of fasteners are stock here? Hopefully they’re generic and not dealer, but I’ll do what I gotta do. Thanks, all
8mm bolts hold them on

Do they go into a special kind of nut? I’m just seeing big ol’ holes in the fender tabs

Do they go into a special kind of nut? I’m just seeing big ol’ holes in the fender tabs
There are some metal clips??? I believe in the fender

Okay cool, thanks. I’ll see what Dorman has before I sell my soul to the dealer.

They’re already about to bleed me dry for a ring, pinion, and seal xD

Okay cool, thanks. I’ll see what Dorman has before I sell my soul to the dealer.

They’re already about to bleed me dry for a ring, pinion, and seal xD
Yeah, what parts you need ill see what I can dig up

received_717327873050567.jpeg
received_1048966629160307.jpeg

Here ya go

2 different kinds of fasteners hold in the liners. There are black plastic push ins behind the t/wheel that push through the rubber shields into the bottom of the plastic liner.

@donalds thanks! Okay so I can run generic nut clips and screws. I’ll see if I can find some stainless or another corrosion resistant ones, or maybe wait until my next trip to the JY—they usually don’t care about hardware like that

@donalds thanks! Okay so I can run generic nut clips and screws. I’ll see if I can find some stainless or another corrosion resistant ones, or maybe wait until my next trip to the JY—they usually don’t care about hardware like that

Back