Fender wells. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fender wells.

I have a 1999 Ford Explorer XLT that has some rust in rear fender wells. I want to get Poly/plastic fender flares to cover. I have looked on line and it seems like they make them for everything else but my car.

Explorers are the ******* child of the world.

BTW just covering the rust up with fender flares will cause a larger rust problem as the flares will trap water, dirt & salt.

Yup, he's right. Either sand off all the rust and paint and cover, or sand off the rust and use body filler to fill it in, sand down to make the body lines look right and paint

I have a 1999 Ford Explorer XLT that has some rust in rear fender wells. I want to get Poly/plastic fender flares to cover. I have looked on line and it seems like they make them for everything else but my car.

40 year Paint and Body man here Bekull, Man unless you have outside damage to that quarter Panel (paint knocked off it) that rust is coming From the Inside out!! In most cases, caused by Salt -dirt and Water trapped in a
V made by your Finder well liner and your Quarter Panel, If you want to fix it RIGHT, you have to get in there and Clean it up at the Source, Otherwise it will just come out again Later, Depends on your plans for the Truck!!
If you arent planning to keep it around over a couple of years, KSTRAYHORN has already said it right!!:)

Back