Fenders with trim, mounting and compability? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fenders with trim, mounting and compability?

Tomas

Reaction score
City, State
Stockholm
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Eddie Bauer Explorer
I need some new front fenders for my 92 Explorer EB edition. I live in sweden and there's not a lot of 91-94 parts to find in good shape here. I have found fenders from a 94 explorer (the 2-door version) but it has the wheel well trim aswell as the rocker panel body trim.

My questions are:

1. Will the fenders fit my car?
2. How is the wheel well trim mounted? If I remove the trim will the trim leave monting holes behind? I do not want the trim ;)
3. I need a new radiator support. Is the radiator support the same in the 2-door version?

Thanks!

//Tomas

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1. Yes
2. I think they mount in the lip that folds under so you wouldn't be able to see the holes really. You should be able to see the screws in the flares.
3. I'm pretty sure they are, but not 100% positive.

Thank you!

If anyone can confirm the compability of the radiator support that would be great!

I'm Pretty Sure The Radiator support is the same, But hopefully someone else will chime in and Give A Definite Answer !

try Lmctruck.com
i believe they will ship there and they will have all the part you might need

Thanks! I'm starting to believe that the radiator support are the same for all models.

I've found several places that offers international shipping and sell radiator supports cheap, in the $60-$90 range. Only problem is that the shipping costs like $500, the same amount I paid for the car! :p

Looks like I'll have to find a good enough replacement at a salvage yard or just rebuild the one I have with new steel or find someone who is travelling from the US to Sweden with a huge empty suitcase :D

Back