• Register Today It's free!

few issues...Any help appreciated

99sportxplor3

Reaction score
City, State
Dover
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 sport
I have the ohv and ive had this issue for a while now. when i apply anymore than 3/4 throttle the floor/pedal/shifter vibrates. not too too bad but very noticeable driving. Could it be the tranny?? its a the 5 speed manual. Ive never changed the fluid....spark plugs have also never been changed since ive had the car(maybe 40,000 miles)

also i put on a flowmaster 40 series with the stock tailpipe and was wondering what i could cheaply and easily do to make it louder. I like the tone its just too quiet.

Also im thinking about intalling a self tapping drain plug for the front diff and i was wondering how long the plug could be before running into the gears

Any input at all would be great. thanks. Sorry if this post is viewes as unnecessary i was just sick of searching and not finding exactly what i was looking for

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would change the plugs, and how many miles are on the truck? I have a flush on my tranny about ever 25,000 miles that is with any vehicle I own. And I install a tranny cooler. But Try the plugs and wires and maybe get a new fuel filter. Basically get a tune up. And see what that does and then try the tranny

Is your vibration a miss? Is it a "grounding" issue? (something is rubbing) It might be as simple as a tune up...it could be a bad mount, several different things.

im doing a full tune-up today...but something else just started. There is a chattering coming from under the car..it seems to get louder the more throttle applied. It sounds quite unhealthy. It sounds like it could be coming from the tranny, transfer case, or differential. like i said its a chattering fast ticking sound. i hear it no matter what gear im in and when im rolling any speed over 15 or so. I would really appreciate any help on this it cant be healthy. It couldnt be anything with the driveshafts could it???

Could be a CV joint going on one of the front axle shafts.

Could be a CV joint going on one of the front axle shafts.

It sounds like its right under the car. Like gears chattering or something. Im thinking something with the tranny or transfer case or driveshafts. It literally sounds like the fast chatter of teeth. like gears that arent spinning smoothly. i just want to get it fixed before something goes

Never mind...i feel like a complete dumbass. The sound was coming from a plastic piece which i tied my temp muffler hanger to and it was rubbing on the driveshaft...Any more help on exhaust and that shaking though would be great.

I just took off the tail pipe and it sounds like a completely different exaust. The sound is much deeper and crisper. yes it is 2:40 in the morning and i am reving my exhaust

Back