• Register Today It's free!

Few Questions

playtilithrtz

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Eddie Bauer
I got a few questions, lets see if anyone here knows.

1. On my 03 EB next to the foot pedal adjustment there is a vent, and behind that vent there is an air tube with a harness. Does anyone know what that is? I found it today while taking apart my front facia to get to my instrument cluster.

2. Has anyone done an LED conversion on there instrument cluster? I removed the instrument cluster, and saw that they were all little lamps. I was kinda disappointed in seeing that only because tranforming to a true led conversion is going to be alot more work than what i would like to be.

3. Finally, is there a way to make the fog lights stay on all the time, or keeping them on so that when you flash the high beams the fogs wont turn on and off?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1. On my 03 EB next to the foot pedal adjustment there is a vent, and behind that vent there is an air tube with a harness. Does anyone know what that is? I found it today while taking apart my front facia to get to my instrument cluster.

2. Has anyone done an LED conversion on there instrument cluster? I removed the instrument cluster, and saw that they were all little lamps. I was kinda disappointed in seeing that only because tranforming to a true led conversion is going to be alot more work than what i would like to be.

3. Finally, is there a way to make the fog lights stay on all the time, or keeping them on so that when you flash the high beams the fogs wont turn on and off?

I was wonderin the same thing about that vent.

The led conversion- its not hard at all. I did it to my previous truck, its just time consuming. You have to solder LEDs w/ resistors and hope u point them in the right direction the first time lol

and about the fog lights i belive you can tap into the hardness and add a relay. Not sure how u have to wire it up but it will work so the fogs will stay on when highs are on.

BTW- been meanin to call you, how did the fiberglass project come out?

u can wire an aftermarket switch for ur fogs to get them to stay on.. i replaced my xls bumper with an xlt bumper and wired it all up

2456765_35_full.jpg

2456765_24_full.jpg

2456765_43_full.jpg

ghoster.... the fiberglass project came out okay. Just have to have the bumber sent out to paint.

bigapple... I could wire them up to a switch but i rather not, plus all my button locations are already taken. I know that there is a way with a relay like ghoster said, cause i did it with my tiburon when i had it.

ohh about the LED conversion, I know how to do it not difficult, but was also wonderinf if anyone else has done it. I would like to see pictures of it. Also do they make those stupid little bulbs that replace those lamps?

Back