• Register Today It's free!

Few questions ???

wellcraft

Reaction score
City, State
Augusta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XLT
As some of you know I just purchased a new 2017 xlt with the 3.5l and I was reading the sticker window I noticed that it's a flex fuel and realized that I don't have the flex fuel badge in the liftgate, which I don't really care as most probably it would be something I would remove anyway, but I wonder why might be missing, wonder if they had to fix the liftgate or something at the dealer.

I'm looking to personalized the exp a bit, I'm not a performance kind of guy, I'm more into appearance and one of the things I would like to do is to replace the exhaust tips as they look wimpy in my opinion. What owners are doing with them, I love the sports version but it most be costly. What are the options out there, not looking to replace the mufflers, just tips.

Just got dark windows a week ago and I'm getting all the factory parts in the mail tomorrow, such as 2nd row center console, running boards, new floor liners, roof rack cross bars, bumper protection, mud flaps and cargo protection.

Should be done with all the mods for now after the calipers, chrome pieces and exhaust tips.

Thanks in advance and sorry for so many questions.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine doesn't have the badge either. The build info just shows it removed. I'm not sure why, but I have noticed over the years that Ford tends to make small changes year over year. It's more subtle now than it used to be, 20+ years ago. On the Taurus, I could tell you at a glance whether it was a 92, 93, 94 or 95. Same on the old Crown Vics. I don't know if that's part of why this is not on all vehicles or not.

completely unrelated but I've had all those vehicles mentioned and still cant tell the difference between years. I know 92 Toreasses had unpainted bumpers on some models but what were the differences from year to year:D

Mine doesn't have the badge either. The build info just shows it removed. I'm not sure why, but I have noticed over the years that Ford tends to make small changes year over year. It's more subtle now than it used to be, 20+ years ago. On the Taurus, I could tell you at a glance whether it was a 92, 93, 94 or 95. Same on the old Crown Vics. I don't know if that's part of why this is not on all vehicles or not.

As some of you know I just purchased a new 2017 xlt with the 3.5l and I was reading the sticker window I noticed that it's a flex fuel and realized that I don't have the flex fuel badge in the liftgate, which I don't really care as most probably it would be something I would remove anyway, but I wonder why might be missing, wonder if they had to fix the liftgate or something at the dealer.
Does it show E85 on the inside of the fuel filler door?

Peter

completely unrelated but I've had all those vehicles mentioned and still cant tell the difference between years. I know 92 Toreasses had unpainted bumpers on some models but what were the differences from year to year:D

93 went to painted bumpers, 94 went to body color door handles, and 95 added a black ring around the keyhole on the door handles.

You can also tell 3.0 vs 3.8 because the 3.8 had an extra opening between the Ford logo and the bumper.

:bow: did not know that. I'm going to have OCD around them now if theres any on the road still:frown:

93 went to painted bumpers, 94 went to body color door handles, and 95 added a black ring around the keyhole on the door handles.

You can also tell 3.0 vs 3.8 because the 3.8 had an extra opening between the Ford logo and the bumper.

Actually the extra opening was for extra cooling on the police package models. Similar to the slats on either side of the Ford badge on the 89-91police models.

No visible difference between 3.0 & 3.8 models unfortunately.

Actually the extra opening was for extra cooling on the police package models. Similar to the slats on either side of the Ford badge on the 89-91police models.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

I knew the police versions had a different grille (SHO suspension and dual exhaust and SHO trans etc), but never heard about the 3.0, 3.8 grille difference either, I've had a quite a few of those 3.8L head gasket eating engines:oops:

Huh. I knew it was on the police package, but I could've sworn it was on my co-worker's SE.

The last few post have been way off topic.

Back