• Register Today It's free!

Few ST questions

Novak

Reaction score
City, State
Burbs of Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Sport Trac XLT
hey guys, first off nice forum glad to be here first post =)

Proud owner of a new 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac loadeddd, leather heated seats, sun roof, pioneer 6 disc cd changer 45k miles

Have a few questions.

being I just purchased Im still waiting for a few things like oh the manual to the vehicle lol, may come in handy, do any of you know off hand is the optional Pioneer 6 cd disc changer covered in the manual? I'd like to figure some things out about it.

I have a sub behind the back left seat, is that stock do you guys all have a sub as well or is that after market / optional with the Pioneer, I'm pretty much shooting blind without the manual.

Both of my speakers in the back seat aren't working either, I don't know if there's something wrong with them or I need to turn them on somehow so have to look into that as well.

any tips you guys can give me on keeping her in tip top shape or any modifications or things I should do now to help in the future would be appreciated.

Cheers,

as far as the head unit goes the pioneer was an option as was the sub (iirc). as for the rear speakers not working, try messing with the faders and balance, and theres also a function on that head unit where it can "aim" the sound at the drivers seat, the rear seats, or all seats...it doesnt cut the speakers, but it changes the phase so that it sounds best in a certain location in the cab (has to do with delaying the signal to certain speakers, or something like that. i think).....anyway, be sure thats not in some way messed up.....after that then i'd pull the door panels and make sure that whoever had it before you didnt to a hack job installing new speakers

Thanks for the reply, yea I didn't spend a long time looking at it and checking it out but I remembered having an option for that as to directing the sound from either front or back, pretty sure I set it on "all" or whichever setting made it go from front and back but I'll check it out again tomorrow.

Back