fiberglass fenders | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

fiberglass fenders

I want to do what rick did turn the 1st gen into a 2nd gen. I know perry's is probably the best way to go but are there any other places to buy em?? Also i cannot find the price for the whole setup, front panels, grill,hood, and the back panels. If any of you have done it i would love to hear about it. Also a good estimate would be nice too.
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Best thing to do is call 'em up :)

Well I believe that NotAJP bought his from Hanneman's. I might be slightly off on the name though.

I am converting my front to a 93-97 Ranger look with 4" flare fiberglass fenders. I haven't seen anyone do this so I guess I will be different.:D

You can also get fiberglass for the X from McNeil Offroad
Also McNeil Offroad sells a kit to where you can turn your X into a 3rd gen. looking X.

I just received an email from Perry, he said $600.00 for the front fenders, hood, and grill. The rears are $400.00 for 2dr. (1 pc.) and $600.00 for 4-dr. (2 pc.)

Originally posted by Exp-Wi.
I just received an email from Perry, he said $600.00 for the front fenders, hood, and grill. The rears are $400.00 for 2dr. (1 pc.) and $600.00 for 4-dr. (2 pc.)

Well that's not too bad!!

Originally posted by GIJOE
You can also get fiberglass for the X from McNeil Offroad
Also McNeil Offroad sells a kit to where you can turn your X into a 3rd gen. looking X.

Are you serious??? Is this true?

Originally posted by GIJOE

"Front End Conversions Fiberglass Kits
Convert your 1980 or newer Full-Size to a 1996 front end
Convert your 1991 or newer Explorer to 2002 front end
Convert your 1983 or newer Ranger to a 2002 front end

You can also convert a Bronco II to a 2002 Ranger or Explorer Front end."

From McNeils site

saw the list omn the site....have yet to see irt done though.

Yes they do have a 3rd gen. conversion.
Mcneil told meet it will cost about $700 for the conversion which comes with a hood and two fenders but I think the fender have a flare to them.
Then he said that you have to get the grill and the headlights and parking lamps and bumper on your own he said to go to Ford to get these parts.

wanna buy my fenders?

anybody wanna buy my perry fenders for a second gen? Their in almost perfect condition. I wanna switch to a bigger flare or a full Hanneman's one piece hood, fenders and grill.

There is also another fiberglass company that I found out about 3 months ago. It is called Fiberwerx and they have fiberglass stuff for Explorers also and they have some other conversion kits that are cool. Their newest conversion is to change a Ranger into the 98-03 F150 front end. This kit should work on an Explorer also.
But I think they make a one piece for the front of the Explorer.

I may be interested. How far out does your flair anyways?

Re: wanna buy my fenders?

Originally posted by clarkkent
anybody wanna buy my perry fenders for a second gen? Their in almost perfect condition. I wanna switch to a bigger flare or a full Hanneman's one piece hood, fenders and grill.

If SC doesn't take them, let me know how much you want for them. I'm going to be ordering some this week, but if I can save some $$, then I will get them from you.

my fenders

306944_19_full.jpg

I dunno.. I didnt ask how much of a flair it was. i dont think i had a choice for the second gen. They are pretty wide. I think its either a five or three inch flare.

For the second gen it's a 5" flare. Got a price yet? The fenders are unpainted, right? Let me know soon, as I'm calling all the places tomorrow to get a final price quote from them.

I'm also getting the Explorer Express cowl hood, and I'd like to get it all painted an fitted at the same time. Thanks.

Whats your price including shipping to 90703?

anybody interested in a converting a 1stgen into a 98-00mercury mountaineerfront end?

well i don't really kno about the price yet.. im thinking maybe 200 bucks and i'll ship it to you in CA. I first wanna see how much fiberwerx sells their whole front end conversion to a f150. I really wanna sell my grill and hood too...

If anybody is interested in converting a 1st gen into a 98-2000 mercury mountaineer front end, you can buy my fenders, hood, grill and headlights for really cheap. I just need some money to start for the f150 conversion i might do.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well i just called the guy from fiberwerx and he told me the f150 conversion for the explorer will be done in a couple weeks. he said it'd be a grand. so I will be selling my glass fenders, hood, headlights and grill, bumper and manik grill guard for six hundred bucks. I will even include my stock fenders if you want them. My Glass fenders have a 81 sticker on each side and a Prerunners.net decal underneath the number. I wil deliver anywher in CA.

Back