Fiero Thomas 97 XLT 4X4 Registry | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fiero Thomas 97 XLT 4X4 Registry

Hello All I just got my Explorer so I thought I would to document its life with me. Got my Explorer 11-5-2012. I sold my Porsche to get it. I have two kids and they did not have enough room in the car as they are getting bigger so I had to sell it. The Explorer needed a couple of things when I got it so here we go. These are photos from the second night she is home.

xp1.jpg

xp2.jpg

xp3.jpg

xp4.jpg

First issue was that only ONE dash light worked so I replaced all the bulbs in the dash with 194ll and all is nice and bright.

xp5.jpg

Next step was the exhaust. It sounded like there was no muffler on it at all. The oil switch was toast as well. I have a local place that does great work for a great price. They have outlasted carx, midas, merlins, and cant remember the last chain so for 180.00 I got a new exhaust and switch replaced. I got a code reader and cleared the system and all is good.

OEM Radio sucks so I have an Alpine on the way. Still debating on putting my subs and amps in. That install is next

Can someone supply a link for a body lift kit? This is on my list

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had a 944. Here is a link to it.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2262022964336.119109.1661322486&type=3

I am thinking that a 3 inch lift would be a start. That way I can stick some 32 or 33's under it. I looked at the kit above and think it be te one. I just don't know about the column and other things that need to be lengthened. This is my first go at doing this kind of work so not sure how to do it. I need very good instructions.

yahoo the title is here today.

Who makes the roof baskets? I want to do this. Thank you in advance.

Honestly look on Craig's list for a basket. It'll b cheaper

Just could not take the tape deck anymore. Needed to get my ipod back in my truck. So out with the old and in with the Alpine running through the factory amp.

xp6.jpg

Still thinking of a way to install my amps out of the way so I can build a new box for the side to get my subs in there.

Nice X! For the amps, have you thought about locating them under the front or rear seats? I have mine located under the driver seat and can put up pics if you want.

yea I've got my amp under the rear seat. I've also seen it in the compartment on the left side of the rear where the jack and the washer reservoir is. Might I also suggest bypassing your factory amp, it limits more than it amplifies..

yea I've got my amp under the rear seat. I've also seen it in the compartment on the left side of the rear where the jack and the washer reservoir is. Might I also suggest bypassing your factory amp, it limits more than it amplifies..

Ya I am going to bypass it for sure. just getting cold out there now to do it.

Honestly look on Craig's list for a basket. It'll b cheaper

I have been looking. have not come up with one yet. I like the look with the tire and lights on them. If anyone has one they don't want wink wink let me know.

Tom

Time for an update.

Got my CB installed. It is modded to go to freq 24.000 to 29.700 and tuned and peaked. Very easy to mod this radio. Yes that is something that I do as well.

xp8.jpg

Installed my penetrater 3 antenna holds up to 25,000 watts. Rught now swinging to 600

xp9.jpg

Cooling coils
xp10.jpg

Waiting for my scanner antenna so I can mount my scanner as well

Hit 200,000 miles on her

xp11.jpg

Oh and

xp7.jpg

I think I have a head gasket going....

Aww man, that sucks to hear man. Might not be too bad if you catch it early... And I can't stop staring at those zombie stickers, I want one so bad.

Back