File a complaint with NHTSA to have recall issued on the cooling system. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

File a complaint with NHTSA to have recall issued on the cooling system.

rusty813

Reaction score
City, State
Private
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Ford Explorer Sport
I know some may or may not know this if you go to this specific website address and describe the defective part to the nhtsa they will force ford to issue an recall. Right now there is 11 complaints on this issue and I have just submitted one which is under review making it 12. If we all can work together as a team and report this radiator problem to the nhtsa, then for those who had to spend money on the repair we will get refunded and for those who are starting to have problem they dont need to worry about spending a dime on a defective part that was put in vehicle, if they receive enough complaints.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/Complaint.cfm

Thanks everyone who is insupport of issue.:)

Someone wanna explain to me how a "defective" radiator is posing a threat to the safety of the Vehicle/owner and the safety of the Public ???

it doesnt have to pose a threat to the public or people, the nhtsa are the one who manage if there is a recall or not, if ford motor company is not being cooperative. for example someone had a problem with the shifter getting stuck, so they reported it to the nhtsa. the nhtsa only can issue the recall if the vehicle was built with a defective part and that what this is about. those of us who bought explorers received them defective radiators. As too how this can effect the public coolant leaking from a defective, is adding harmful chemicals into our environment.

Back