Filtering out spam on the server | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Filtering out spam on the server

taxx

Make em say Ugh
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
73 EB
OK guys, I trust your knowledge on my truck now I am going to ask for some other input.

I(we) am running a Win2K Server at work. I have it running Lotus Domino (backend for notes). There is a piece of software on there called Paetor which is a router for the mail. it listens on port 25 and forwards the good mail to port 28 where the domino server is listening. Praetor subscribes to the internet blacklist so, upon initial install it blocked half the unwanted mail.

Our situation:
In the time before me there was no network and there was a dial up account with one email for the company (the one given to the customers). No big deal, however technicians (both gay and straight (cleaning up a couple PCs here was very disturbing)) would stay late at night and surf for ****. Well with the cookies enabled now our email address is all over the place and I can not get the advertisement emails to stop. For everyone I add to my block list 5 more come through, it is just like telemarketers.

Solution:
?
?
I may add an agent to drop emails with certain words on the server.

I am just curious what anyone else out there has done in a similar situation? (doesn't have to be Win2k or Domino)

taxx

Make em say Ugh
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
73 EB
P.S. since it is the email customers have, I cannot just drop the account.

NaplesBill

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Naples, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Explorer XLT NBX
Let me start by saying, I don't know a lot about Domino!

There is a program for Exchange called Mail Essentials. I checked their website and they don't seem to have a product for Domino. You could check out the features at GFI

I think this may be what you need. I would think there is a comparable product for Domino!

taxx

Make em say Ugh
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
73 EB
Thanks, but that is essentially what the Praetor software is that I have running now. Only, (I didn't read too much) sounds like this one has content filtering? I may just have to write an agent on the server to filter content??? Or I will look around for a Domino content filtering software. Thanks.

Any other ideas?