Final Verdict... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Final Verdict...

I have seen several people talk about replacing their factory fog light bulbs on their X. Many suggest buying the PIAA 1500. However, I am a poor college kid who solely wants to get rid of the stock yellow tint so I can match my xenon blue headlights. I want to make certain that the bulbs are 899 for a 1995 Explorer. The manual says H3 (which I heard is incorrect) and other people on the board say that an 891 bulb will fit too. I have found the 899 several different places online for about $10 each. I called Pep Boys and they don't sell them. But to those who have replaced their foglight bulbs... Will a 50 watt Blue Diamond Bulb (#899) do the trick to get rid of the yellow tint? Thanks to all...

Ry Diggity Dogg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nobody knows the answer? This is hard to believe...

i think it will help [changing the bulb only] but the stock lenses are crappy and have a tendency to tint themselves yellow over time.....

If you want a really cheap fix, go to pep boys and buy a fog light kit by Pilot or some other brand. Pilot makes fog lights in a blue tint. That way you can re-wire it very easily and you can control when you want the fog lights on, instead of only when the headlights are on.... but those are just my thoughts, and exactly what I did.

Ok so I have heard that the PIAA 1500's will fit in the stock holes but what about a pair oh Hella's or what series of Pilot? I am honestly not all that impressed with PIAA. I know they are good, but I don't need the best at this point in time. I just need something that works well and better than the stock. I also want something bright with a superwhite bulb. Any ideas?

Any ideas? Hella 550 or something like that? Just want to make sure they will fit in the stock holes...

Back