Finally decided to do the exhaust (pics) | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finally decided to do the exhaust (pics)

i know ive been talking about doing my exhaust for a couple of weeks now but i got side tracked with some family issues, so now im ready to get all the exhaust stuff ordered...
about how much piping will i need to get if im gunna remove the resonator and work my way from the y-pipe all the way back.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i know ive been talking about doing my exhaust for a couple of weeks now but i got side tracked with some family issues, so now im ready to get all the exhaust stuff ordered...
about how much piping will i need to get if im gunna remove the resonator and work my way from the y-pipe all the way back.

What are your plans? true duals? If so order two sticks of pipe

nah im just opening the pipe a lil more..... could u been more specific, like how many feet of piping ill need. from the y-pipe, removing the resonator, over the axle and out the side..and id like to put a slanted tip on.... ive been looking at a tip about 16 inches long... is that too long

and have u got any sound clips on your true duals

nah im just opening the pipe a lil more..... could u been more specific, like how many feet of piping ill need. from the y-pipe, removing the resonator, over the axle and out the side..and id like to put a slanted tip on.... ive been looking at a tip about 16 inches long... is that too long

What are you planning on using to bend the pipe?

10 feet should do it.

The tip is just personal preference. 16 is about right in my opinion

Its raining like hell here, I'll try and throw up that sound clip tomorrow.

i have a guy that has a pipe bender that bends pipes up to 3". So im good on that.. I just ordered a 12" edelbrock stainless steel tip today...and i guess ill be ordering the exhaust tubing tomorrow... do u know a good place to get pipes in 5 ft. pieces, cause ive been searching and i cant find anything over 4ft. I have time off tomorrow so my X wont be to hot to climb under and get a measurement from... hopefully i can stay under 8ft..
And i cant wait to here what the 4.0 sounds like with true duals...

I want to see this with 35's. The tires look too small how it stands now.

did u get sound clip up

sounds bad ass i like it

Sounds great, makes me want to change my Force II muffler for a 40 series!

Can you please take some pics where they ran new tubing from where the Y was cut? Also how they routed the 2nd tailpipe? Greatly appreciated!!!

Back