• Register Today It's free!

Finally fixed, now too much heat

drvred1964

Reaction score
City, State
Norlina NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 5.0 AWD Explorer
My Explorer has been sitting for a year due to a busted tranny cooler line.
Finally bit the bullet and paid someone to fix it. While he was at it,he replaced the temp sending unit.
The Auto A/C had always blown cold before I parked it. Now the compressor cycles on and off, and the heater control valve seems to move, but both lines are hot behind the valve. There is no condensation on the black cylinder and the lines from it aren't cold.
I hope the heater valve is bad, but is the lack of condensation a sign the A/C is shot?

Thanks
Btw it's a 5.0

After looking behind the glove compartment,I found that the arm who moves the door to the fan had lost its pin. I put a nail in it, and it made it tolerable ( but the air temp is down to 80)
A/C is cycling every 5-10 seconds, and the heater control valve is moving as I change settings. Is it supposed to be open when the A/C is running?

Sounds like low refrigerant. Probably some o-rings dried up due to lack of lubrication during the prolonged parking. Have it sniffed for leaks, repaired as needed, and recharged.
A/C is cycling every 5-10 seconds, and the heater control valve is moving as I change settings. Is it supposed to be open when the A/C is running?

Back