Finally getting to aesthetics, need opinion! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finally getting to aesthetics, need opinion!

go with the colour you have now. doing a colour change is a total pinta. to do it properly, you would have to take the entire truck apart. as for the welding, all you can really do if you have never welded before is grab some scrap the same gauge as your going to weld and practice on it

I'll have to take a lot off to rust proof anyways so a may as well go all the way. Haha. I will definitely practice. I've welded before for my bike. Exhaust and such but I could definitely use some more practice before taking a welder to the x.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Instructables and of course YouTube gave some good technique videos for different welding methods and materials. Watching a bunch of those I picked up a few fundamental issues I had, and witgba little practice, I got noticeably better.

ive done some colour changes before. hood, fenders, doors, hatch should come off so you can do all the inners and jams. its work, but if you want to do it the correct way, its the only way. cant stand seeing something one colour, then the guy opens the doors, and the jams, and inners a another colour. mig welding isnt to hard to do, but if you have never done it before, you may also want to practice grinding.

Hey my truck is willow green, I like willow green, remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder :laugh:

View attachment 164971

If that's willow green it's not the color I'm thinking of. The green I'm thinking of was more like a light grass green color.

If that's willow green it's not the color I'm thinking of. The green I'm thinking of was more like a light grass green color.

Lot of different greens they used thru the years, I seen an amazon green looked pretty grassy looking.:)

if you have a 99 and the axle half shafts are there the front dif turns i'd bet the have a transfer case problem I didn't like the auto 4hi 4lo in my 99
roscoe

I guess my green wouldn't be that much of an upgrade. But to each their own. I love that OD green matte on any car.

I guess my green wouldn't be that much of an upgrade. But to each their own. I love that OD green matte on any car.
if you have a 99 and the axle half shafts are there the front dif turns i'd bet the have a transfer case problem I didn't like the auto 4hi 4lo in my 99
roscoe

Nah the front diff doesn't turn at all. It's a 96 also. I would much rather have manual everything. Locking hubs and high/low

Does anyone know what color green this is?
Snapchat-1805070845.jpg

I found a match for the gold trim but no luck lately on the green? Been looking for spray cans (sounds bad I know but I got real good resulta refreshing a black xlt hood and roof).

I need to redo the hood and roof because of clear coat.

Locate your paint code ,it will be on the inside drivers door jam. Then go to the site below and match it up with code.
btw nice looking truck. Spray cans are great for small areas, It's hard to paint a hood with a spray can, Good Luck.
FordPaint
paintCodeSticker_ford2.jpg

Back