• Register Today It's free!

Finally got it lifted (pic)

cjr323

Reaction score
City, State
Fayetteville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT
I had my wife pick me up a 98 xlt while I was overseas on a deployment. Well it sat for 6 months and I ordered all the parts for it and I finally got to come home on leave and I installed the lift and new wheels and tires. Here are a couple of before and after pics. :usa:

before
2011-07-30_19-38-34_105.jpg

During
expwork.jpg

After
expcomp.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice, man. Hey could you post some specs in your profile?

Looks Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

lookin good keep up good work

Very Nice!

very nice change! :thumbsup:

and

thank you!
for your services! :usa:

we need some close up shots! what kind of wheel/tire combo did you go with? cant tell from the pics but the lift looks sick. just the right amount in my opinion. have fun in it while youre still local.

Thanks guys it was a lot of hard work. It took me the better part of 3 days. I had originally planned to be done in around 8-10 hrs, but lace of proper tools and unexpected misc parts I would need sent me to the local auto parts store and the hardware store like 30+ times. I do not know how post the vehicle specs or I would do that, so I will just list here. I started by ordering Cragar Black D Window Wheels and wrapped them in some Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac 33X12.5-15. I did not have much options for the lift since it is a 4x2 so I went with the standard TT and shackles and then topped it off with a 3" body lift. There is still some minor rubbing when I turn and hit a bump so for now I took the trim peace off the front. The bumper brackets did not work either and I tried everything that was suggested on here and ended up drilling new holes in the mount and frame. I will do a write up on this because there was not a whole lot of helpful info for my situation. I will post more pics soon.

These are all I could get before returning to Afghanistan sorry guys.

IMAG0026.jpg

IMAG0027.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg

Looks awesome! My current ride is lowered, but I'm definitely going to get another one and lift it. They look too cool like that!

Also, Thank you for your service!:usa:

that looks sick! i have the same wheels and tires on my sport trac. i know you are itching to get back home and have some fun with the family in that rig. be safe out there and always stay ready that way you dont need to get ready!

I agree w/ everyone else. Looks great!

Looks awesome. I kinda envy you 2wd's though because you have more lift capability and options with spindles, T Bar Keys, TT, etc... I have the same tires on my Sport Trac too...

picture.php

Back