Finally got my bumper and winch on | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finally got my bumper and winch on

p100ki

Reaction score
I had Pottsy over at bbpfab.com design me a winch bumper for my '93 Explorer. He was a great guy to work with and since he's local i could drive over and have it all welded and assembled in an evening. I've received a lot of compliments on it so i figured i'd show you how it turned out. These are the pictures he took in the garage after it was finished. I'll get some more pics in the next couple days.

Laser cut .250 steel
dsc06128mz0.jpg

All assembled
aaaaaaaaa123wl3.jpg

Bars and winch added
aaaaaaaaaaac2.jpg

bbbbbb2ys9.jpg

bbbbbbbbbbb1ih4.jpg

I've tested it pretty thoroughly and it is the stoutest bumper i've had in a long time. I winched up an almost 45* incline, wrapped a strap around the stinger to yank a buddy out of the mud, and finally managed to push a few fenceposts over at my buddies farm.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No mods to the frame yet, gonna box the crash points later on i think. We discussed the wrap around bars under the headlights but i'm holding out until the rest of the lift is on so i make sure i can clearance the tires.

Mine is based off of yours, i like the between the tires look. My bumper was originally going to be welded on in stages like yours but pottsy had access to a laser cutter so mine got changed up. I seriously have to get it painted but it's still butt cold here.

Matt... Wooow... Thanks so much for the comments....:salute:

I’m just the average dude that enjoys helping out the average dude.. Because I've been there and I'm still there..:confused:

By The Way.... I just paid my $100 fee last night to be a vendor here... So you'll probably start seeing more of my crazy designs showing up...:eek:

I've been a founding member of RRORC.com since it started and those fella's over there are the roots & reason I’m where I’m at.... :thumbsup:

My goal is to be the crazy Ranger Based Vehicle guy that supports all your fab needs in the RBV world…. The 2nd gen. Explorer is getting close to the radar target on my design & build schedule..:)

By The Way..... I think in going to run a couple of these kits this week.. Anyone interested?

Thanks,
Pottsy

Glad to see you signed on as a vendor over here. Everyone comments on my bumper so you need to get those new decals printed up so people know where it came from.

By The Way.... I just paid my $100 fee last night to be a vendor here... So you'll probably start seeing more of my crazy designs showing up...:eek:
:thumbsup:

The 2nd gen. Explorer is getting close to the radar target on my design & build schedule..:)
Thanks,
Pottsy

You should get a ton of business from here when you get those done!!

p100, can you get a shot from head on and the side?

I swear i already posted these but they aren't here so i must be losing my mind.

2603081257bu3.jpg

2603081256rt9.jpg

2603081255xp2.jpg

Matt... Wooow... Thanks so much for the comments....:salute:

I’m just the average dude that enjoys helping out the average dude.. Because I've been there and I'm still there..:confused:

I've been a founding member of RRORC.com since it started and those fella's over there are the roots & reason I’m where I’m at.... :thumbsup:

My goal is to be the crazy Ranger Based Vehicle guy that supports all your fab needs in the RBV world…. The 2nd gen. Explorer is getting close to the radar target on my design & build schedule..:)

By The Way..... I think in going to run a couple of these kits this week.. Anyone interested?

Thanks,
Pottsy

Hey Pottsy,

Glad to see you signed up as a vendor over here. I'm looking forward to your designs for the 2nd gen Explorers

Hey Pottsy,

Glad to see you signed up as a vendor over here. I'm looking forward to your designs for the 2nd gen Explorers

Starting a basic winch weld it yourself kit tonight.... The Design:confused:

;p; i DID post those pics but in another thread about your new limited
no worries, minds still ther

Back