Finally got the Flowmaster | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finally got the Flowmaster

We're not talking about a lightweight car on this explorerforum though.....

We were talking about the engines and power with the explorers.. the tone of a 5.0 car is gonna be different

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mmm I love the sound of either my 5.0 or 5.4... I'm going off-topic now.

We're not talking about a lightweight car on this explorerforum though.....

We were talking about the engines and power with the explorers.. the tone of a 5.0 car is gonna be different

couldnt agree more... if u ever hear a car with pretty low ground clearance with an aftermarket exhaust, the cams r tuned differently, it runs with more horses a little less torque and the sound bounces off the ground more since its lower

couldnt agree more... if u ever hear a car with pretty low ground clearance with an aftermarket exhaust, the cams r tuned differently, it runs with more horses a little less torque and the sound bounces off the ground more since its lower

I hadn't thought about in those terms before (ground clearance affecting noise/sound). It probably explains some of the difference, but I still maintain you can't beat the sound of a 5.0 V8 (in terms of comparing to other V8s in the Ford stable). Ok, maybe except with a 351!

I hadn't thought about in those terms before (ground clearance affecting noise/sound). It probably explains some of the difference, but I still maintain you can't beat the sound of a 5.0 V8 (in terms of comparing to other V8s in the Ford stable). Ok, maybe except with a 351!

or stage 2 cams in a 4.6 mustang GT... theres a video on streetfire.net of a cammed mustang GT roasting some tires... sounds effing rediculous

Bigapple... dude... where's those pics of the KC's?... lol..

Bigapple... dude... where's those pics of the KC's?... lol..

**** haha it just keeps slipping my mind and its pouring outside tonite... of course the nite that i have nothing to do

AHHH...

It's snowing here, but it's pretty damn warm out.

So can we get the audio clip for the 50 series SUV?

I HATED the flowmaster dual in -dual out I had on my truck, but then my camshaft and the higher compression make it a bit louder to begin with. I need some serious muff

On Saturday I had the opportunity to ride in 2 different trucks, TekMan 05 and techiemann33,
Both have Mac intakes-Torque monster headers and 50 series mufflers.
Do what you want-but I'll bet they have the sound you are after:thumbsup:

Back