• Register Today It's free!

Finally got to play in the snow.

Tylers02

Reaction score
City, State
Overland Park, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Limited
Well I just moved to Overland Park, Kansas from California and I finally got to play in the snow in my Ex. We didnt get much snow but coming from a place where it NEVER snows it is better than nothing. The Ex handles surprisingly well, although I have never driven in the snow so I have nothing to compare it to. Only complaint is when I went outside to warm my car up all the doors were frozen shut. I finally got the back driver door open and was able to open the driver door from inside but when I went to close it the door wouldnt latch. After messing with the handle and latch for a few minutes I finally got it to close. Is there any prevention for this or is this something I just have to learn to live with?

Oh and sorry I didnt get any pictures it was way too cold out.(Im use to 70* weather and it was 12* at 10am.)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

crc makes a silicone spray for your weatherstripping that will help keep the doors from freezing. O'reillys it keeps it in stock

also you should put a rubberized under coating on your truck, the road salt will make it rust in a heartbeat.

Thanks for the tips davidhicks I will definitely do both of those right away. Any other tips would be appreciated.

I use a lock lubricant with graphite formula to keeps door locks from freezing.

if it helps any i keep an ax, a saw, and a shovel in the back of my truck, just in case. you might want to keep a coveralls in your truck so you can be nice and warm when you get yourself stuck balls deep in the snow.

And why didn't you give me a holler? I actually like the cold so taking pics would be fine with me. How about this, next time we get a little snow, I'll take some pictures? Of course the rides won't be shiny, but it will be fun:D

how come u moved tyler

Back