Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Garner, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 F150
Callsign
N1LVN
Couple months ago I went through a car wash and the CEL came on. Evap purge valve solenoid. I pulled it out and cleaned it, and put the battery back. Usually that means 100 miles of driving for diagnostics to complete so I can get it inspected, and registered. I drove around all the back roads, putting well over 100 miles on it, but the scan guage was still telling me NOT READY. Finally got tired of driving around, and took it in anyway. They said it was fine to go through inspection, and passed. Scan guage still says not ready. Never had it do that before, but at least it's done. Hopefully the code doesn't come back. I've got plenty of other junk to fix! ;-)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With the age of our vehicles, and also depending on the state, you are allowed to pass emissions with one, and possibly two tests not being passed. I passed Emissions in my Explorer with no Cat efficiency test being passed, and it would of failed. Wish they would just give up on the whole '96 year thing, it is getting expensive to keep having my truck pass emissions.

Same in GA - can pass with one or two monitors not set, depending on age of vehicle.

I hardly drive it since there are so many things to fix. I thought buying a new car might give me more time to dig into it without having to worry about it getting back on the road right away. Hasn't wire worked out. :(

I need a transfer case and/or front driveshaft, but want to just do the manual shift transfer case swap if I'm going to go through the trouble, but now I'm going to need it for hauling stuff, so I still can't tear into it for a while.

She deserved a bit of a bath.

ForumRunner_20141214_153034.png

She could use a better scrubbing and some wax, but the lighting was right. ;) And knock on wood, my latest rear main seal leak APPEARS to have slowed down with the high mileage oil (in the brand new stinking engine!).

Now to find that 4406 transfer case!

Back