Finally Lifted

06xlt

Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 XLT V6
Hey guys,

I got my BTF spacers put on a couple weeks ago and finally got some time this morning to take pictures. I got the 2.00 front and 1.5 rear and I am really happy with how it turned out. The tires are the standard 265/75-16.

DSCN0685.jpg

DSCN0682.jpg

DSCN0679.jpg

DSCN0687.jpg

DSCN0688.jpg

DSCN0691.jpg

The ground is a little uneven but on flat ground the rear is about 1/10th of an inch lower than the front.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks good man ... drop the step bars and it will look even taller ... i love the simple but classy white

Looks Good!

I am waiting on my spacers, the same size as this. It looks like 285's will fit, I hope so because I have a nice set on my totaled Ranger.

the word is 285s wont fit without a body lift ... i have 255-75/17 bfg mud terrains and they scrub a little at full lock so 285s should scrub alot especially with the 2" spacers ... im running 2.25/1.75

Looks Good!

I am waiting on my spacers, the same size as this. It looks like 285's will fit, I hope so because I have a nice set on my totaled Ranger.

I think 285's will fit but I think you will need some wheel spacers, or an aftermarket set of wheels so that they clear the knuckles. There is defiantly enough room to fit the tires in the wheel wells though!

Thanks for all the comments!

If you want to do the math to convert I am running 265/65-18s at stock height with no rubbing at all. They even clear full lock right and left.

Looks great man, very clean! I really have been liking the color white lately......

the word is 285s wont fit without a body lift ... i have 255-75/17 bfg mud terrains and they scrub a little at full lock so 285s should scrub alot especially with the 2" spacers ... im running 2.25/1.75

FALSE, my 285s fit with only spacers

My truck has 17's stock. I have 285-75-16's on pro-comp extreme wheels, they are 16x8.

I hope they fit!

FALSE, my 285s fit with only spacers

do you think the .25 difference in lift will matter though? i wouldn't think so but who knows with our ex's lol

do you think the .25 difference in lift will matter though? i wouldn't think so but who knows with our ex's lol

That .25 difference in strut spacer height might matter. My front spacers are 1.75" and from what I can tell I have about 1" less lift than those running 2.25". A 2" spacer might give around 3/4" less lift than a 2.25. Strut/spring wear/stiffness also seems to affect the lift height from truck to truck a little with even the same spacers. And that could be enough to make a difference.

Tires could also make a difference if he's not using the same ones as n.gardner. A 285 isn't necessarily a 285 as far as exact dimensions when you compare different brands of tires...some run a little bit big, some run a little bit smaller.

Hmm still hard to say. It'll depend on the type of tire. The guys I know who had 4.5" backspacing had to do a body lift with the spacers to run 285's without rubbing and that was with 2.25" front/1.75 rear spacers.

If the tires have lugs on right on the edge before the sidewall that will probably be where it rubs. you should be alright with clearing the spindles in the front though.

Hmm still hard to say. It'll depend on the type of tire. The guys I know who had 4.5" backspacing had to do a body lift with the spacers to run 285's without rubbing and that was with 2.25" front/1.75 rear spacers.

If the tires have lugs on right on the edge before the sidewall that will probably be where it rubs. you should be alright with clearing the spindles in the front though.

dunno buddy ... gardner has it with just a spacer lift and wheel spacers ... our ex's are like women NOONE TRUELY KNOWS lol but have you heard the approximated price for btf extended upper a arms?

Hmm I didn't know he was running wheel spacers. I think he had to trim something out of the fenderwell too because of rubbing.

I haven't heard anything about the price on the BTF arms yet...just read that a guy was going to bring his truck in so he could have Brandon fab them up.

looking good i also got yellow fogs on my explorer but mine is an 01 sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Look's great with the lift, BTF have chevy upper control arm's on their site for $500 or so. I'm not sure if there will be much difference in price when they become available for our rig's.

Back