Finally!!! My 2013 Ford Explorer "BLACK EDITION"!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finally!!! My 2013 Ford Explorer "BLACK EDITION"!!!

bodybump

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 FORD EXPLORER
Ok got your attention there...LOL...ive been trying to put all my thoughts on this SUV of mine since the very first day i bought it...ummm which is last 2 weeks...Now ive fiinally put all things together...for my last touch i put a ANGEL EYES HALO's on the headlights and i think it turned out really cool...maybe the first Exp that has installed Angel Eyes...here are the pics...let me here your thoughts...Thanks so much guys!!

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 11,902
  • DSC_6585.jpg
    DSC_6585.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 7,534
  • DSC_6580.jpg
    DSC_6580.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 9,727
  • DSC_6586.jpg
    DSC_6586.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 10,837

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

more pics..

Attachments

• DSC_6585.jpg
    DSC_6585.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 7,064
  • DSC_6579.jpg
    DSC_6579.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 9,254
  • DSC_6553.jpg
    DSC_6553.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 16,658
  • DSC_6589.jpg
    DSC_6589.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 9,450

black pin stipes installed

Dee zee running boards installed

OEM cross bars installed

XO MIAMI wheels and Toyo Tires 255/50/20 +30

carbon fiber spoiler wrapped

Attachments

• DSC_6598.jpg
    DSC_6598.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 9,177
  • DSC_6595.jpg
    DSC_6595.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 7,136
  • DSC_6593.jpg
    DSC_6593.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 7,118
  • DSC_6590.jpg
    DSC_6590.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 9,403

magellan back up camera installed...(SUCKS!!! TOTALLY REGRET IT BOOOOO)

Flat black back part painted...

4inch exhaust tips installed..black painted inner part of the tips

Black painted chrome pipes underneath also

Attachments

• DSC_6603.jpg
    DSC_6603.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 7,038
  • DSC_6602.jpg
    DSC_6602.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 7,108
  • DSC_6600.jpg
    DSC_6600.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 9,089
  • DSC_6599.jpg
    DSC_6599.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 9,178

OSS DESIGNS Angel Eyes installed

HID headlights installed

PIAA Extreme fog lights installed

Painted Flat black grill

OEM "EXPLORER" emblems in front installed

Attachments

• DSC_6629.jpg
    DSC_6629.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 7,038
  • DSC_6625.jpg
    DSC_6625.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 7,018
  • DSC_6624.jpg
    DSC_6624.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 7,176
  • DSC_6630.jpg
    DSC_6630.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 7,032

"Black Edition" emblem installed:D

Attachments

• DSC_6634.jpg
    DSC_6634.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 7,122
  • DSC_6644.jpg
    DSC_6644.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 14,201
  • DSC_6645.jpg
    DSC_6645.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 7,033
  • DSC_6685.jpg
    DSC_6685.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 7,005

and lastly...

Attachments

• DSC_6604.jpg
    DSC_6604.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 8,942
  • DSC_6675.jpg
    DSC_6675.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 12,676
  • DSC_6666.jpg
    DSC_6666.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 7,034

Too cool. The 'Blackedition' is awesome. You are to be congratulated, you car is awesome. Something to be proud of :thumbsup:

The headlights are sweet. Did you buy them as a kit, or did you break apart yours to do the installation?

Hi Vince Thanks so much...now if only they have a lowering springs for the Exp and i would have done it too...since its too early all companies i've called didnt have one...:(...i have a guy who installed one on my bimmer...and just had that crazy idea since our Exp headlights are rounded...it has to be pulled apart and silicon them back in together..they did a great job they do this in a lot of BMW and Audi and Benz...

Too cool. The 'Blackedition' is awesome. You are to be congratulated, you car is awesome. Something to be proud of :thumbsup:

The headlights are sweet. Did you buy them as a kit, or did you break apart yours to do the installation?

It's hard to believe that is actually a "base" model Explorer. Well..... was. You would never know!! Ex looks really good. I didn't think I'd like the angel lights, but they actually look awesome. You have a head turner, man. I also like the carbon fiber wrapped rear spoiler. Sic. Good ideas.

How did you get the angel lights in???

It's hard to believe that is actually a "base" model Explorer. Well..... was. You would never know!! Ex looks really good. I didn't think I'd like the angel lights, but they actually look awesome. You have a head turner, man. I also like the carbon fiber wrapped rear spoiler. Sic. Good ideas.

How did you get the angel lights in???

Thanks buddy...i like buying base models and work my way up...i have a friend that installs angel eyes on bimmers...i ask him to put it on the exp...its really bright and can use as daylight running lights...and at night with fogs only open the angel eyes lights upr pretty bright...:)

You are the MASTER :)

It looks really amazing especially the HID

Looking clean, but I would take off the black edition logo. Also think about blacking out those tips. I just blacked out my whole exhaust on my lifted F150 and it looks great. You can remove the tips and powdercoat them black or just plastidip them first and add some high temp paint as a top coat. The halos look really good.

You are the MASTER :)

It looks really amazing especially the HID

Thanks buddy..was thinking of putting HID on the fogs but then it might be to bright and cops would nail me...LOL

Looking clean, but I would take off the black edition logo. Also think about blacking out those tips. I just blacked out my whole exhaust on my lifted F150 and it looks great. You can remove the tips and powdercoat them black or just plastidip them first and add some high temp paint as a top coat. The halos look really good.

I was trying to continue the flow of chrome from the wheels to the running board to the exhaust...making the chrome all in the buttom...but might consider that black exhaust..might be that cool..plasti dip i agree easy and cheap way if it doesnt look right just peel it...Thanks for the comment...

Hey that is a beautiful job, great looking rig! Also, kudos to the photographer!

Thank you buddy...i really thought my photos sucks maye i need to buy new monitor lol

An awesome looking EX. Great job bodybump!

Nice lookin ride bodybump!!! Where did you find the carbon fiber rear spoiler? Thanks!

loving the angel eyes...how much did it cost you?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

An awesome looking EX. Great job bodybump!

Thanks buddy..appreciate it!!!

Nice lookin ride bodybump!!! Where did you find the carbon fiber rear spoiler? Thanks!

Its a carbon fiber vinyl wrap..you can actually do it yourself if your good at it just buy a sheet of CF wrap on ebay...as for mine i have a friend who does wrapping and i paid $50 for the hood and spoiler together...

loving the angel eyes...how much did it cost you?

Angel eyes is kinda pricey..$450 they have to open housing and put the eyes and silicon close it again...

Back