Finally pics of my CB | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Finally pics of my CB

Here are pics of my CB setup. I also have a PA speaker mounted onto the radiator scoop behind the airdam.

View

View

The antenna is mounted on the left rear corner of the truck with a custom bracket that uses the rear hatch seam. The coax runs into the truck using the rubber boot for the defroster? wiring and up to the front through the side interior panels.

[Edited by Alec on 11-20-2000 at 12:37 PM]

Ray Lobato

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Honda Accord
Hey Alex,
Looks good. That is where I'm gonna have to mount my Cobra now. Does it interfear with opening up the glove box? What is that little box on the side of the console on the drivers side?

Alec

Elite Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 JK
Why aren't the pics showing up for me in the forum, I just see the address that I put in?

As for the glove box, it barely clears. I do have a problem with passengers not being careful and pulling the seat up too far too fast, bang! Oh well, it won't really hurt the CB. The little box on the driver side is the knight rider light controller.

Oh, a tip for you Ray: use small self-tapping screws to screw into the console, it makes it very easy.

FlyAU

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 GLI, 2013 Escape
Alec, the feature is turned off in this forum. Go figure... :rolleyes:

BTW, I like how you did your install with the "full console." Looks sharp.

-=DaemoN=-

Reaction score
City, State
The Netherlands
Year, Model & Trim Level
Rigless!
looks nice Alec! I'm getting a CB for free and I think I might put it on the same place.