• Register Today It's free!

finally resolved my pinging

LXNavajo_94

Reaction score
City, State
Hendersonville,NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 navajo lx
After reading several threads on the subject I finally decided to tackle my pinging problem. I first cleaned the MAF sensor it helped reduce the pinging but not completely. I then decided a good dose of sea foam would help I bought 2 cans of it. I got it into the intake by pulling the hose from my cruise control. starting the engine and pulling the hose off and sticking it down in the bottle. the first time it killed the engine in just a few seconds. I then restarted the engine and pinched off the hose a bit and let it take the seafoam in small sips. After about a half can I stopped the engine and let it sit for about 5 minutes while I changed a head light bulb. I restarted the engine and let it idle for a few minutes till the smoke cleared up. and then gave her another dose of seafoam. This time I let it sit for about 10 minutes while I got my lawn mower out and restarted the engine let it idle for a while till the smoke cleared up. I then gave her another dose of seafoam this time I gave her a full can and let her sit while I mowed the grass about an hour later I restarted her up and drove to the japanese restaurant about 6 miles from my home. The first couple of miles it looked like a vehicle from a spy movie. After the smoke cleared I could notice a difference in acceleration and the pinging is gone. Thanks for all the wonderful advice here you guys really know your stuff. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where did you hear about using "sea foam", and where can I purchase some?

sea foam is all over these boards, just do a search and youl find plenty of posts.. as far as where you can get it, my local parts store carries it, as well as autozone, im sure plenty of other places have it..

welcome to the boards!

I have been using seafoam for years I read about it some where on this forum just do a seach any way I got mine from the local auto parts house at 5.00 a can

cloaked_chaos said:
Where did you hear about using "sea foam", and where can I purchase some?

Its found at NAPA, Adavnce Auto, AutoZone and the like.

Good stuff.

Back