FINALLY! roof rack re-paint | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FINALLY! roof rack re-paint

finally warmed up outside and is nice enough to get out and do some re-painting...roof rack first...and wiper cowels....just a couple before and after pics. (waiting on roof rack to fully cure...truck looks kinda goofy without roof rack on) damn right...summer is upon us.
DSCF5960.jpg

DSCF6019.jpg

Finally....
DSCF6035.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How easy is it to pop the cowls out? Mine are shameful. They're pretty much light grey at this point.

How easy is it to pop the cowls out? Mine are shameful. They're pretty much light grey at this point.
very easy...grab at the middle dividing spot and start to pop off towards drivers door (drivers side cowel first). 5 or 6 clips hold it in. Look under while youre poping it off cause that rubber hose that feeds into the squirter has to be disconnected...i put a piece of tape on the rubber hose when i disconnected it to keep the hose from falling down into its hole.
When you reassemble...be careful to not scratch the new paint job...and dont forget to reconnect washerfluid hoses. Definately do let the paint "cure" for the recommended amount of time. Well worth the wait. Its these small details (like black instead of faded-grey) that make you say "damn" when you see it re-furbished...and basking in the sun.
Good stuff....get 'er done.

these are drying until tonight....figured i'd let them dry fully before re-installing. They take a lot of abuse....and UV rays. What a huge difference it makes when theyre re-blackened!
DSCF6009.jpg

DSCF6049.jpg

looks really good! I redid my cowels a month back and had some bad luck, first i cracked the passenger side then I lost the wiper fluid thingy in that abyss of a hole lol.

looks good keep up good work

Back