finally threw the black wheels on the ST (pics) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

finally threw the black wheels on the ST (pics)

LONO100

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bay Area CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 sport trac XLT
so i finally was able to throw the black wheel set+tires that i was able to buy for 200 total. it was a smash deal for 200, they are black 15's on pro comp mud terrains that are virtually brand new. i dont do the hardcore 4 wheeling stuff, but i did need some tires with aggressive tread for when ihit the mountains and when i go camping, and i always need blacked out wheels on my rides, so i was lucky to find wheels that would keep my ride's height pretty much stock.

WP_000020.jpg

WP_000023.jpg

WP_000024.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They look real good on your white Trac. Wow, that's some pretty aggressive tread on those tires. Do they make much noise?

thanks, I think it looks pretty good on a white body with the painted black cladding. surprisingly, I the only time I really notice any hum is when the radio is off and I'm coming to a stop. I have a set of less aggressive tread mud tires on my old rodeo that has more hum than these. they are pretty nice, can't wait to put them in the dirt I little bit.

Love them pro comp tyres mate!

Love them pro comp tyres mate!

Looks good. Next time they are getting balanced have them put the weights on the inside of the wheel. I need some MT tires for my truck too but right now I'm saving for a winch bumper.

Maybe I didn't see it, but what kind of wheels are those?
Trac looks great!

J.B.

thanks kynchy, you have one of my favorite X's on the forum, i love the bumber/guard you have on your setup.

pjib - im not sure what kinf of wheels they are. im sure they are some simple brand like american racing or something like that. im refinishing some rusted out centercaps that im going to throw on them, (i didnt get the originals) so im not sure what brand. i was originally looking for some crager style soft 8's, but these were close enough, im sure you could find a set of wheels like these anywhere.

thanks again fellas, ill post some picks of the finished center caps which im trying to bring back from the dead. im going up to tahoe next weekend and i cant wait to put these in the dirt.

Back