Finally took the Jeep on a real trail + magazine shoot! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finally took the Jeep on a real trail + magazine shoot!

Brian1

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
Callsign
KG5BAQ
Well I finally took my 42 Jeep flat fender out on a real trail this past Sunday named Sesame Street which is about 30 miles east of ABQ. It is on private land that belongs to a friend. The trail is a canyon/wash trail that starts out easy and the boulders start getting bigger untill you hit a 4'-5' vertical fall about 800 yards down from the start. We took a small group of vehicles up it, a SAS'd & exo caged Toyota truck, a SAS'd BII, a FSB on 35s, a very clean late model 4Runner on 33s? and ARB lockers and my 42 GPW Jeep. Most of the rigs stopped about 150 yards before the end and only the Toy and I went up the fall and further up the trail. The Jeep worked great with no issues except the carb stalling out on the verticle fall. I have fuel injection on my garage shelf waiting to be installed real soon. I did get smacked in the face pretty hard by a tree limb that put a small slice across my face and ear. Sometimes an open vehicle is not so good LOL. The most carnage went to the Toyota with a broken windshield (tree limb punched through), broken headlight trim, large dent in the fender, dented in the B-pillar and partially torn off front bumper.

This trail is an up and back trail. The end is still being built, it is not passable yet. It is a huge fall and has a deep hole on the left side that will need to be filled in.

On this run a freelance photographer and tech/feature article writer for some of the 4wd mags took tons of shots of my Jeep on a high-end camera. He drove the 4runner. He is going to put a feature article together on my Jeep and hopefully one of the mags will publish it.

A few pics from the trail:

ss1.jpg

ss4.jpg

ss6.jpg

ss17.jpg

ss18.jpg

I didnt get any of the FSB or BII.

My Jeep:

Attachments

• ss10.jpg
    ss10.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 180
  • ss13.jpg
    ss13.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 186
  • ss16.jpg
    ss16.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 185
  • ss8.jpg
    ss8.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 200

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Definitely belongs on the front of a magazine :D
Especially the last image.

IZwack said:
Definitely belongs on the front of a magazine :D
Especially the last image.

Thanks, im hoping so! The photographer said he got some really good shots. These are all my own pics. Im not really expecting a cover though, the blue paint doesnt really scream "look at me" as much as Ricks cover shot with his pumpkin orange or alot of other cover vehicles. I can only hope :D

I love Jeep :usa: :thumbsup: :usa:

Where's the BII?

410Fortune said:
I love Jeep :usa: :thumbsup: :usa:
Where's the BII?

thanks, I figured you would be the one to ask about the BII LOL

Here are a few shots of the FSB and BII:

Attachments

• sceep1.jpg
    sceep1.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 164
  • justin4.jpg