FINALLY.. TOW HITCH IN MY 1993 ! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FINALLY.. TOW HITCH IN MY 1993 !

93explobeach

Reaction score
HEY GUYS,,

just to let you know I bought REESE hitch 5k lbs and put in my 1993 xlt explorer.. its sooooo easy so thats just for your information if you want to buy the hitch.. i got my hitch from walmart which i work there as a 2nd job.. its 110 bucks thats it..
total bolt into the frame.. 4 bolts and washer and washer lock thats it !!! 4 bolts ! i got a bag like 25 bolts in but thats for different trucks like madaza or mountaineer ! so everything else seem to be nice and easy install expect 2 hole to drill 1/2 inch drill into frame thats it..
2 bolts go into sideway to hold the hitch.. --> <---
once you complete tight it.. dont forget the washer and washer lock..
then the hitch has a hole already so grab 1/2 inch drill and drill into the frame once you're done bolt it and volia !!!
so any information or question I'll give you a answer..

ps it fit 1992 to 1997 explo...
and madaza navajo..

take care..

it take me less than 35 min to install it.. ;)

john

do u know if there have it for a 99 explorer? what about the wiring for the lights?

Hey, thanks John for the info. Do I understand you correctly, do you have to buy the bolts seperate or do the proper ones come with the hitch? It's been a long day.

AL

As for 99 explorer I'm sure they have made one for it but I'll keep my eyes out for you since Im working in receving area.. I'm unloading the trucks anything come out it come thru me.. so I'll keep my eyes out for ya..

As for the question for the bolts.. yeah it does come with it, it come everything with it.. no need to buy sepearate it.

As for the wiring kit.. yes there is a wiring kit for the trucks.. its so easy lucky me I bought the truck it came with the wiring kit already so all i need is to buy hitch..

I helped out a friend who does the wiring kit its so easy.. so if i remember correct the wiring cost like 15 to 20 bucks thats it..

Hope this help out..

John

Back