Find door lock code on 17 Explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Find door lock code on 17 Explorer?

jhu8

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Finding door lock code on 17 Explorer?

Dealer wants to charge me $50 to get the code. Did some searching online and looks the trick from the 12-15 Explorer isn't applicable to my year. Really trying to avoid paying that fee. Any ideas or am I stuck with the fee?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You said you searched online but did you search the Forum? Factory Door Code (Securicode)

Peter

I had already previously looked under the driver sides dash and didn't see any code. Just tried the key fob option that was in your linked post and that didn't work. Is there something that I am missing?

I haven't looked for the code so I have no idea if the location has changed or not. Did you not get a card with the code on it when you purchased the vehicle or did you lose it. Did you check out the video in that thread? When I got my 2017, there was a plastic card with the code attached to one of the key fobs. Just checked mine and found that the place where the code on the previous models was, near the fuse panel, is too obstructed to get a good look.

Peter

I haven't looked for the code so I have no idea if the location has changed or not. Did you not get a card with the code on it when you purchased the vehicle or did you lose it. Did you check out the video in that thread? When I got my 2017, there was a plastic card with the code attached to one of the key fobs. Just checked mine and found that the place where the code on the previous models was, near the fuse panel, is too obstructed to get a good look.

Peter

My explorer was purchased used. I feel like I have everything but that card with the code on it. Looks like I am stuck.

My explorer was purchased used. I feel like I have everything but that card with the code on it. Looks like I am stuck.

On the F150's the code is behind the A pillar or B Pillar drivers side. I would pop the plastic covers off and see if you can find it before dropping $50.00 for them to do it.

I doubt anyone ripped the code off under the dash. It has to be inside there, may be behind a wire harness making it hard to see.

I doubt anyone ripped the code off under the dash. It has to be inside there, may be behind a wire harness making it hard to see.
The 2017 is not like the 2011. There is a hard plastic object that looks like part of the cover right above the parking brake. I didn't check to see if is removable but then it was a difficult squeeze for me to get down there. I would guess the code is likely still in that area of the fuse panel. With the current set up and if I needed the code, I'd get the dealer to look it up. If I was younger and trimmer..........;)

Peter

Okay guys, problem solved. From the video, that does work for the 17 Explorer. But for me, the Ford icon of the key fob needs to be facing away from the engine when placed into the slot found inside the center console.

So an update:
1. Place first keyfob into slot in center console (ford icon facing away from engine)
2. Turn on ignition( I waited 5 seconds), turn off
3. Switch key fobs(make sure facing same way as first, Ford icon away from engine) and turn on ignition
4. Click through the warning messages and bam, factory door code!

$50 saved!

Okay guys, problem solved. From the video, that does work for the 17 Explorer. But for me, the Ford icon of the key fob needs to be facing away from the engine when placed into the slot found inside the center console.

So an update:
1. Place first keyfob into slot in center console (ford icon facing away from engine)
2. Turn on ignition( I waited 5 seconds), turn off
3. Switch key fobs(make sure facing same way as first, Ford icon away from engine) and turn on ignition
4. Click through the warning messages and bam, factory door code!

$50 saved!
Since it works as per the video, and with your note on the fob, I'll move this thread over to the existing one.

Back