Find My Son Listening To Radio While I'm Out of Vehicle With Keys ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Find My Son Listening To Radio While I'm Out of Vehicle With Keys ?

JFUSION

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
Lately when I am out of the vehicle with the keys in my hand I find my son in the truck listening to the radio. I've asked him a few times how he does it and he tells me it is a "secret" , lol. My wife tells me he hits the "on" button about 4 times and then the radio turns on.

He can start the radio from a cold start in the morning prior to me starting the vehicle, and he starts it up after the radio shuts down and I exit the vehicle to fill up for gas while I take the keys with me to open my locking gas cap.

Funny stuff.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can turn the radio on in ours just by hitting the radio's power button, no keys necessary. We used to do it all the time when we were shopping for our car :) Do you have the keyless entry?

yeah I need to keep an eye on my son for sure. lol :) .

We do have keyless entry, yes. I thought maybe it was bit of a quirk with my truck only, as there have been times where I could not get the radio to turn off even after I leave the vehicle and lock it up. THanks for the replies.

It's a nice feature, Saab's done it for years.

yeah I need to keep an eye on my son for sure. lol :) .

We do have keyless entry, yes. I thought maybe it was bit of a quirk with my truck only, as there have been times where I could not get the radio to turn off even after I leave the vehicle and lock it up. THanks for the replies.

Not a quirk, JFUSION, just a fun feature! :D

Rebecca

Back