Finding a 91-91 knockdown grille guard? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finding a 91-91 knockdown grille guard?

FarmageddonNRO

Reaction score
City, State
Anaconda MT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer XLT 4.6 V8
I have scoured the internet looking for a basic black knockdown grill guard, with zero luck. I would like to find one that is a perfect fit bolt on model. I have seriously looked everywhere online. If anyone has a clean used one please leave me a message. Thanks for any help, cheers! :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

JCwhitney may still sell 1 that fits. It bolts to the bumper not the frame so it's not exactly mega strong, but it works. I had 2 of them. A quick look at their website I didn't see them, but call them.
LMCtruck may still sell them too.

I used to have one myself but sold it a long time ago. Before I did though I made a CAD drawing of it and I could cut you out a new one from 5/16" steel on my CNC Plasma Table. The side plates with mounting tabs would run about $40 + shipping. I can build the whole thing but I do not know how much the 3" tube would cost. It would require just under 6 ft of tube. It would be 100% bolt together so it would fit in a smaller box than if it was fully welded. It also uses 2 of the stock bumper bolts and then you would have to drill 2 holes just like the one I had required. If you havent found one yet let me know and I could produce one.

Brian, I am interested! PMing you.

Back