Finding Factory Keyless Code for Front Door | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finding Factory Keyless Code for Front Door

JB95JD

Reaction score
City, State
CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
I found a few partial helpful answers in the 1995-2001 forum but non here.
I bought it used from at least the 2nd owner with no glovebox wallet card included which the manual says is 1 of 2 locations for the code (of course I didn't know to ask for it either).

The other location is "on the ECU". Does anyone know if you have to remove it to see it? I have taken picture every which way and the only see two sets of numbers, none of which could be confused as a 5 digit number. Both numbers (both with some letters included are about 10-12 digits and broken into 2 or 3 subsets. If they were trying to disguise it they did a very good job.

The 3rd option was to visit your dealer. I haven't called but some comments have said between $75-100.
I have read of two other locations; one is on the left side of the fusebox next to the drivers side foot. (One said it was next to the bar code the other said to take off the cover and it was stamped into the metal side wall) I think that person was trolling because I couldn't even get a clear picture of anything in selfie mode and wide angle turned on. Nor do I think they would be stamping keyless entry codes into fuse box hardware, it would be a nightmare to make sure they arrived in the right place at the right time during the assembly.

The other was to remove the left rear quarter panel and it was tucked away back there, but I don't have the two knobs to turn counter-clockwise to remove said panel as it isn't a 1995-2001.

Anyone have to search this down before? Thx
Edit -Something wrong with this websites search feature. Nothing cam e up but after I submit the post four entries are down belonw. Currently reading those.

Thx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On my 2006, it is written up in the parking brake area on a sticker either attached to the fuse box or right next to it, it was very hard to see I ended up using a mirror and a flashlight but it was there

I don't have a 3rd gen but one thought that comes to mind is check the owners manual, maybe there's a way to program in a new code by having two keys or fob(s) to enter a programming mode, then with a new code it doesn't matter what the factory code was?

Thanks everyone. I found the code and tested it and it worked. I had to take off the fuse block cover next to the parking brake. On the left side below the barcode sticker there numbers and letters tamped into the aluminum fuse block itself. Just use a mirror or put your self phone in selfie mode and slide it up there and take a bunch of pictures. There are two rows of these numbers and letters. The code is the last 5 numbers of the second/bottom row.

Thanks everyone. I found the code and tested it and it worked. I had to take off the fuse block cover next to the parking brake. On the left side below the barcode sticker there numbers and letters tamped into the aluminum fuse block itself. Just use a mirror or put your self phone in selfie mode and slide it up there and take a bunch of pictures. There are two rows of these numbers and letters. The code is the last 5 numbers of the second/bottom row.
I have been meaning to do this for the past two years. Knowing this code would be very convenient if I ever locked the keys in the car when away from home.

Keyless entry code could be generated by Forscan or Ford IDS

Keyless entry code could be generated by Forscan or Ford IDS
The funny thing is the code I pulled from using Forscan doesn't work. It did seem to me that the door keypad option was disabled. Do you know if this is possible and how to reverse it? I was using a paid version of Forscan at the time I was doing this and I couldn't get it to toggle to "on" or "enabled."

The funny thing is the code I pulled from using Forscan doesn't work. It did seem to me that the door keypad option was disabled. Do you know if this is possible and how to reverse it? I was using a paid version of Forscan at the time I was doing this and I couldn't get it to toggle to "on" or "enabled."
I believe I heard some models it is not a default feature, but a purchased option. Maybe dealer can to activate.
I just did it out of curiousity because the previous owner (2nd or 3rd) knew nothing. I sure as heck done plan on using it on the daily. It's too easy for someone to see the code when you put it in, only for lockouts.

But I have also been targeted by the guys that grab your key fob RF signal from the air as you walk away from your car and hit your lock button on your key fob. Fortuneately I was still close enough to the car to hear the locks open. I think their scanning unit have to confirm something in order to record it so they have to cycle the lock right after you lock your car. So as I was walking away I heard the locks open again so I locked it again and they open again. At that point I was suspect and made a quick swivel look into all the cars around me and and a pickup truck took off quickly with two guys in it. What ya gonna do?

I believe I heard some models it is not a default feature, but a purchased option. Maybe dealer can to activate.
I just did it out of curiousity because the previous owner (2nd or 3rd) knew nothing. I sure as heck done plan on using it on the daily. It's too easy for someone to see the code when you put it in, only for lockouts.

But I have also been targeted by the guys that grab your key fob RF signal from the air as you walk away from your car and hit your lock button on your key fob. Fortuneately I was still close enough to the car to hear the locks open. I think their scanning unit have to confirm something in order to record it so they have to cycle the lock right after you lock your car. So as I was walking away I heard the locks open again so I locked it again and they open again. At that point I was suspect and made a quick swivel look into all the cars around me and and a pickup truck took off quickly with two guys in it. What ya gonna do?
I'll look for the code next to the fuse box and see if it works. My Mountaineer has every option that was available for the 2010 model year so I figure if it is disabled it was done intentionally. I might be missing something in toggling it back to being enabled if this is the problem.

Back