• Register Today It's free!

Finish Your Thread

blueoval9erlifer

Reaction score
City, State
OAK HILL, KANSAS
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 explorer XLT
First of all Thank You to all whom contribute to this forum the information I have gotten from here has been invaluable!!!

Special Thanks to all who take the time to do a full right up with pictures on what they did and how they fixed their issues.

My problem is with people who ask and ask questions and then once the problem is fixed do not post what the fix really was. Nothing ticks me off more than searching through a thread looking at ideas and former fixes and then all of a sudden the thread is dead because you fixed your issue and since your a selfish hunk of crap could not take the time, usually about 1 minute, to show your appreciation and help out the people who have been helping you out and put down the fix.

I also like to know that if it is a thread i'm subscribing to and trying (Key word is TRYING sometimes i'm sure i'm not a lot of help but i try to give back and lend what little i know about vehicles to whomever is willing to listen) to help out and then never know if the problem got fixed or how.

So PLEASE show a little bit of appreciation and gratitude to all who use this site to try and FIX, UPGRADE, or just make their explorer the COOLEST, FASTEST most BAD ASS vehicle on the street by finishing what you started and let us know how you fixed an issue or finished your project.

Thanks I feel better now after my little rant!!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I agree. I try to coax posters into finishing the thread by posting this:

Please keep us posted as feedback helps others reading this post looking for a fix to the same or similar issue!

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

All-in-all this is a great forum loaded with a lot of very friendly, helpful people. I'm glad I stumbled upon it back in Feb, 2010. I try to help others when I can and it's nice to know the outcome. :D

You know what would be funny! If there was a button that said "Become Elite to See the Solution to this Problem/Issue" And if the poster of the solution got a kickback from that button click and ultimate new membership, i bet there woulr be more follow up on completing threads.

I know that I posted a question in the Exploring Computers Sub Forum and one day next to my thread title this appeared: Solved

I figure that the Mod did it because my issue was, in fact, solved. I know that going over every thread and determining whether it was solved or not would be an almost insurmountable task, but I thought that was good to know that the issue was solved just by looking at the title.

See for yourself: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44&order=desc&page=2

I looked for myself, and that is a very nice touch! But like you said, the man hours to comb through threads to do that would be exhausting. However the originator of the thread should be able to update the "subject" to include such an indicator.

I looked for myself, and that is a very nice touch! But like you said, the man hours to comb through threads to do that would be exhausting. However the originator of the thread should be able to update the "subject" to include such an indicator.

That would be good along with something that indicates what post was used as the solution?

Exactly. "Solved: See Thread #24"

Dominican and rondo: Awesome idea next time i get something fixed that i need a thread on i am going to try it.

That is great input and would be very helpful to finding the fix, a lot of times however, i did not know what all was wrong with my vehicle until i have read the whole thread, just think of all the good things you would not know were wrong with your ex or the upgrades you needed to make if you just jumped to the solution. Ha ha a lot of money and time saved is what i would have!!!!

Dominican and rondo: Awesome idea next time i get something fixed that i need a thread on i am going to try it.

That is great input and would be very helpful to finding the fix, a lot of times however, i did not know what all was wrong with my vehicle until i have read the whole thread, just think of all the good things you would not know were wrong with your ex or the upgrades you needed to make if you just jumped to the solution. Ha ha a lot of money and time saved is what i would have!!!!

I know what you mean. I usually read the whole thread and many different ones when looking for a solution. I find that reading the whole thread and many different threads leads to a lot of great advice. Besides, I like hanging out on the forum and reading all kinds of threads from all the different years and vehicles, not just the ones that pertain to my year & model.

I do the same. I have found that just because i have a 3rd gen. that people with other styles of Ex. or other vehicles sometimes do things that i can try on mine that i like.

BIG thumbs up to this forum has helped me many times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

I do the same thing. I have gotten some good ideas from the other Gen guys.

First of all Thank You to all whom contribute to this forum the information I have gotten from here has been invaluable!!!

Special Thanks to all who take the time to do a full right up with pictures on what they did and how they fixed their issues.

My problem is with people who ask and ask questions and then once the problem is fixed do not post what the fix really was. Nothing ticks me off more than searching through a thread looking at ideas and former fixes and then all of a sudden the thread is dead because you fixed your issue and since your a selfish hunk of crap could not take the time, usually about 1 minute, to show your appreciation and help out the people who have been helping you out and put down the fix.

I also like to know that if it is a thread i'm subscribing to and trying (Key word is TRYING sometimes i'm sure i'm not a lot of help but i try to give back and lend what little i know about vehicles to whomever is willing to listen) to help out and then never know if the problem got fixed or how.

So PLEASE show a little bit of appreciation and gratitude to all who use this site to try and FIX, UPGRADE, or just make their explorer the COOLEST, FASTEST most BAD ASS vehicle on the street by finishing what you started and let us know how you fixed an issue or finished your project.

Thanks I feel better now after my little rant!!!!!!

I totally agree! I browse a Torino forum every day and have frequently spent a great deal of time writing detailed possible solutions to problems or gone into contortions trying to get detailed photos for individuals who you never hear from again. I will try to get on here more often and not only when I have a problem.

This inspired me to go back and check all my threads to see if I didn't finish any of them and I noticed that I didn't clearly wrap up one of them, so I did. Thanks for this post! I run into the issue of unfinished threads all the time.

I agree totally, but sadly have been guilty at least once... Its just that I asked a question a little bit in advance before I did the project, then when I finished the project very late, I was too happy and exhausted to remember much. Then going straight off to work early and stuff, you just forget sometimes. That and the fact that I didn't get an definitive answer for a loooong time so I was pretty much on my own.

But I apologize for that and totally agree. Kinda like what was brought up was that some forums have a button that says "solved," which could be handy. That way people would know when it was solved and the post title is automatically changed to SOLVED. But that would probably take a minor revamp of the site.

It can be easy to forget about threads. I am probably guilty of that myself. I am by know means complaining about EF.

People searching the forum would benefit greatly from "the solution". Like I said before, I usually put this at the end of my posts for new members:

Please keep us posted as feedback helps others reading this post looking for a fix to the same or similar issue!

Back