finished? does any one ever finish? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

finished? does any one ever finish?

finaly got it on the road :thumbsup:
92 explorer bad transmission free:D
91 edie bower ex for m5od trans $500 :(
dana 44 :D
ford 9in :D
3.50 gears :rolleyes:
limited slip in rear :D
m5od trans :D
push button transfercase:rolleyes:
31/10.50/r15 :p:
im in to it around $1200 so far :burnout:

pics comeing soon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

in mo ther are no laws saying you have to have you car licensed to keep it

If they would just do away with the state inspection we would have it made.:D

Sorry to hijack this thread a bit here. Just a quick question on trail rigs. In my state (CT.) You can't own or keep a vehicle on your property unless it is registered and insured (unless you are a boneyard or dealer). Is my state the only state with this stupid regulation? I only ask because I someday would like to build a trail only rig and was wondering if I would need to keep it at a friend or family members house (out of state) for that reason.
Thanks
JIGA
Wow, never heard of that before. If there are other states that do that then i dont know about it. FYI- Florida is comparable to other southern states such as MS, LA, AR, etc. If it will move under its own power then its street legal. :p: Lift laws are never enforced and you will probably flip out the first time you see someone pull up beside you at a red light running 53's and rockwells.

Nice rig a71111112a. I really dig the budget junkyard beaters. What plans do you have for tires once you get gears? :)

thanks james
im not shure i will go any biger than 36's
i have been driving it for 3 weeks and im starting to get used to it
now im working out the bugs
like vibrations at 60 to 75 mph they quit after that
i think i have a miss in the engion i dont notice it except at low rpm's
the gass milage is not aceptable:mad: 10 to 11 miles to the gallon:mad:
with that milage i might as well drop in a 5.0
thinking of trying the aceatone fuel treatment probly add 3.5oz every tank full
my ex sat for almost a year while i was doing my sas so even if the acetone just cleaned up the fuel system i would be happy

If they would just do away with the state inspection we would have it made.:D

Move to Iowa.... no inspections, and you can own unregistered vehicals (as long as neghbors don't complain about it being an eyesore. I think there is some limitation on lift hight though, but it's fairly generous(at least imo).

well sory the pics are to big
:( site wont take them

Sorry to hijack this thread a bit here. Just a quick question on trail rigs. In my state (CT.) You can't own or keep a vehicle on your property unless it is registered and insured (unless you are a boneyard or dealer). Is my state the only state with this stupid regulation? I only ask because I someday would like to build a trail only rig and was wondering if I would need to keep it at a friend or family members house (out of state) for that reason.
Thanks
JIGA

I dont really know about this law but my truck has been sitting in my driveway for two years with out insurance and registration with no suspension front or rear. never had a problem with anyone tell me i cant. I doubt anyone is going to say anything if that is true. We have had anywhere to 3-4 unregistered jeeps at my friends house at one time, and he lives on a main road.

pics

well here are the latest ones :D

Attachments

• explorer3.jpg
    explorer3.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 572
  • explorer4.jpg
    explorer4.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 545
  • explorer5.jpg
    explorer5.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 572

figured out the gass guzzling problem bad MAF
much better now and no check engine light

you ever hit a trail your gonna rip those running boards right off....lol its bigger than i thought.

iv been through two maf

yes i will but that is half the fun.the 91 eb i have for a parts rig had that exact thing happen to it. figured out what the vibrations were the rear wheel came lose and fell off put it back on and the vibrations are gone
i saw a post that said you could use a 5.0 maf on the 4.0 ????? any one know any thing bout this
also i am on my 2 nd tank runing the acetone fuel treatment 3oz to a tank so far so good

i have about 5 or 6 MAF's (4.0) let me know if ya need one..

nice

have any pics of the sas?

geting 18.5 miles to the gallon on acetone

Back