finished up some projects over the weekend | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

finished up some projects over the weekend

GPNyce

Reaction score
City, State
Nashville, Tenn
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
well, i had big plans for this weekend, and for the most part i finished all of them. i removed the small 3rd shock in rear, which was completely rusted and would not even extend on its own (thank u New England winters!). i also removed a small part of the sway bar linkage that i had left from a few months ago. the exhaust was blocking it, so i couldnt get a wrench behind to take that one piece off.

well, saturday night, i took off my gibson pipe from muffler back, and cut off about a 6 inch length, with a small turn in it, so now my exhaust ends just after the muffler. it was a free and easy way to make a turn down pipe and i already knew that it would fit.
4e60169e.jpg

i also tore the carpet off of my sub box, sanded it, and cleaned it off...
1af2de60.jpg

then applied 2 layers of Herculiner, so now it matches my floor...:cool:
dd0ee5ad.jpg

d5812ddf.jpg

i ran new wires to my rear speakers, as the old ones got cut somewhere...and i figured it would take less time to do this than try to find the cut. (and yes i looked in the fuse box first)

then i ran sea foam through the brake booster to the intake...twice...got the cloud of white smoke...

changed oil...castrol high mileage synthetic...new filter

threw together a mounting place for my hi lift jack too
87a000d0.jpg

and

d9dfe495.jpg

heres a pic from back...my 4 door 2 seater...
b4222e84.jpg

still need to finish running the wires to the subs/amps/crossovers...and tidy it all up

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you didn't get any herculiner on ur Hootus right? lmao!!!

HAHAHA! i was very careful, and that is one of my fav stories on this site! i do have a few spots on my arms here and there...

i used a jig saw to cut the holes for the subs. they are 15"s, so the angle is really easy for a fast cutting wood blade. the wood is 3/4 MDF. my back is sore from carrying it with the subs in it...pretty heavy

i was worried fiberboard wouldnt work well with the herculiner...as it tends to absorb liquids...however, it went on fine, and dried with no problem.

i was worried fiberboard wouldnt work well with the herculiner...as it tends to absorb liquids...however, it went on fine, and dried with no problem.

True MDF doesnt absorb moisture- now reglar particle board will though.

Back