Finnaly Decided To Lower My Truck. Few Questions. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finnaly Decided To Lower My Truck. Few Questions.

Equnoxe

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
97' Exploder EB Edition
Im finnaly going to lower my truck. blocks/TT/Camber Adjustment seem to be the way to go. the truck MUST sit level.

so far this is what i have come up with:

2-3" lowering blocks on rear
TT on front
camber adjustment if it is necessary.

possible problems:

im also planning on putting 22" rims on it in the summer. (any possible problems with rubbing?)

ive heard that when you lower it enough you can damage the CV joints, what is the maximum drop before this starts?

current info:

there is also about 250LBS of stereo equipment in the trunk, and the occasional extra 800(ish) LBS from passengers, so i don't want it to be rubbing or anything (i'm sure bumpers would save it)

currently there is a 5" gap between top of rear tire and top of the inside of wheel well. and on the front there is a 4" gap.

does anyone have any suggestions, tips, questions, considerations or advice to give? :p lol? recommended brands of blocks?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thx, im hopeing i dont have to replace my shocks as i just replaced them :| like 2 months ago lol.

I"m thinking of lowering my 01 X but using 1" blocks on the back and TT on front.
I'm still deciding on it, I really like the look of the lowered X's but I need to know if lowering will cause more wear on the suspension. I need my car to last me for like 10 more years. What do you guys think?

P.S Will i need new Shocks and/or Springs?

i ran TT/3 in. steel blocks for like 2 years, i cut my rear bump stops in half for a little smoother ride, i didnt have any issues what so ever. also this was on 22 in rims 8.5 in. wide up front and 10 in. wide out back on 265/45 tires, the bottom corners of the front bumper rubbed when i turned going backwards. like backing out of my driveway and stuff like that. whenever i hit a pot hole or serious bump it would jar the truck pretty bad bc the front was pretty stiff. other than that its all good.

Back