Firestone: Anybody get reimbursed yet? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Firestone: Anybody get reimbursed yet?

Has anyone received reimbursement for buying non-firestone tires and then filling out the paperwork? Firsthand or secondhand knowledge?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Am I getting the run around? My situation is as follows: I do most of my driving on the highway - in excess of 65mph. I am seriously afraid of the consequence b/c my front two tires have small cracks all over. On Saturday I desperately search for places all over (even in LI) for tires. After speaking with a guy at Costco, he informed me that they could not give me tires different that the 235/75/15 that are OEM for the truck.
My thought was to increase my wheel size by getting larger rims (16") and then getting let's say a 235/55/16 wheel for my truck. Costco stated that they wouldn't get reimbursed if they were to give me a different. And its not about money neither b/c I insisted that I would pay the difference.
Oh well, if I don't get tires soon, I may be number 89.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I am finally getting my tires replaced tomorrow, the Firestone dealer got some in. I am getting Michelin LTX AT's. :D

They have some bridgestone duelers, BF Goodrich somethingorother name that I didn't recognize AT's, or the Michelins. I didn't want the duelers since I haven't heard anything good about them, since I didn't recognize the name of the Goodrich tire, but did recognize the michelin, and heard good things about them, I chose the Michelin.

Mike91: You can try some other places, they may put on different sizes for you and then you have to fill out the paperwork to get reimbursed and get your old tires over to the firestone dealer for credit.

Kilroy
What have you heard bad about the Bridgestone Dueler ATs? Firestone just put five on my 93 EB 2 door and they are a noticable improvement over the ATXs (2nd set after 80,000 on OE ATXs). They do produce more road noise, but the tread appears to be better for beach travel (Outerbanks of NC)and it corners with much less body roll. I have not heard anything bad about Duelers until your comment. I was feeling pretty good about the exchange ($647) and my even wax the darn thing. JOCO

......STILL waiting...........grrrrrrr...

I haven't heard anything about them, good or bad. That was why I didn't choose them. As far as the Goodrich tires, I didn't recognize the name kosovos or something like that.

same size replacements

Tho firestone on the phone, the rep in the store, and the website say nothing about any restrictions for the "up to $100 per tire" for replacement tires, HOWEVER, the local Discount Tire guy told me people were NOT getting refunds from Firestore if the replacement tires were not same size as the recalled ones. After getting back on the phone again with firestone and drilling the rep and supervisor on this, it turns out the recall language is for "equivalent" competitive tires. So, beware if trying to send in your recall tires with a reciept for new 31" tires...!

Goober: I am a waiter too now. Mailed my paperwork on Tuesday. I guess the race is on. I'll spot you the head start.

Glad I waited

I just got back from getting my shreadstones replaced from Firestone. $524 was the total cost of the tires to Firestone, my cost $0. I got Michelin LTX A/T tires on all 5 wheels.

Nice riding tires, although they squish a bit when stopping.

Originally posted by withers
Has anyone received reimbursement for buying non-firestone tires and then filling out the paperwork? Firsthand or secondhand knowledge?

I got my $500.00 check from Firestone 3 weeks from the day I mailed in the paperwork.

OT: OBX

JOCO....

Heading to the OBX in a few days with my new Dunlop Radial Rovers......

Originally posted by JOCO
Kilroy
What have you heard bad about the Bridgestone Dueler ATs? Firestone just put five on my 93 EB 2 door and they are a noticable improvement over the ATXs (2nd set after 80,000 on OE ATXs). They do produce more road noise, but the tread appears to be better for beach travel (Outerbanks of NC)and it corners with much less body roll. I have not heard anything bad about Duelers until your comment. I was feeling pretty good about the exchange ($647) and my even wax the darn thing. JOCO

refund

I just recieved my check from Firestone...just a little over 3 weeks..........

Sent in the paperwork for $350...got $300 back ($100 per tire)..........My new tires are Dunlop Radial ROvers 30x9.50 LTs...........

Not bad, considering the tires had about a year left, if that.....One had started to seperate though (!!!) showing a crack around the perimeter of the tire near the tread on the sidewall.......definately glad I swapped them out...............

Originally posted by Ric94
Originally posted by withers

I got my $500.00 check from Firestone 3 weeks from the day I mailed in the paperwork.

I know mine has been sent in over 4 weeks ago.... and still waiting.....

Reimbursement

Check was waiting when I got home last night - full refund ($498) for the 5 BFG 31's x 10.5s. About 2-1/2 weeks total wait time from submitting paperwork to receiving check.

Got my $100 from Firestone today. Took 2-1/2 weeks from the time I mailed it. Was for my original ATX spare. Got rid of the original ATX's after 60K miles 2 years ago when I developed a severe vibration in front end. Thought i threw a weight so took it in to have it balanced. They couldn't bal it so they took it off the rim and found some broken belts!! Looking back, I get chills knowing what could have happened to me and my family/friends over that 60k miles. I always ran 30-32 psi in these tires-on and off road thru the desert(I live in New mexico).Replaced them with BFG ALL TERRAIN T/A ko, 235-75R15. They look and run good. Joe

the form

On the recall reimbursement form ...it calls for me to send in my "original" reciept...yet..I need that "original" reciept for the road hazard insurance I bought for my replacement BFG's... did everyone send in their "original" receipt or will a copy of the reciept be sufficient...no one I ask at Ford dealerships nor Firestone dealerships seem to know.

Thanks
Karol
explorereb96@ford-trucks.net

Form

I sent in my original form, kept a photocopy for the tire place. Rather get my $500.

Re: the form

I had the same conundrum.....I ended up having the tire dealer I went to print out a copy of the original from their computer.......

This will suffice for road hazard coverage there, and still allowed me to send Firestone the original........

I guess that Firestone is worried about folks submitting multiple claims.........

Cant really blame them I guess...

Originally posted by ExplorerEB96
On the recall reimbursement form ...it calls for me to send in my "original" reciept...yet..I need that "original" reciept for the road hazard insurance I bought for my replacement BFG's... did everyone send in their "original" receipt or will a copy of the reciept be sufficient...no one I ask at Ford dealerships nor Firestone dealerships seem to know.

Thanks
Karol

thanks

ok thanks guys ...I guess I'll just go up and get a copy (printed from their computer of course) from the place I got my tires..

Karol

Dunlop Rovers

I just went to Sears and picked up a good deal. Seems they have a sale this week on several tires. I origionaly wanted to get Michelins, but they were $119/per tire before mounting, balancing and enviro fee. I ended up getting the Dunlop Rover AT in LT235. The tires seem quieter than my Firestones, and it still handles OK (haven't been able to drive much on them yet). The tread looks good, just waiting to see how it does in the harsher elements. Total price was $484, and I now get to join the ranks of the waiting game.

Back