Firestone recall still active? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Firestone recall still active?

One of my co-workers bought a 1994 Explorer, and I noticed today that it still has a 235-75-15 Firestone Radial ATX as the spare.

I told him I thought that he could go into the Firestone dealer, and that they would replace it for free.

Is that still possible...?

It seems like it would be, I would think so at least?

One of my co-workers bought a 1994 Explorer, and I noticed today that it still has a 235-75-15 Firestone Radial ATX as the spare.

I told him I thought that he could go into the Firestone dealer, and that they would replace it for free.

Is that still possible...?

Unlikely. It was a voluntary recall offered by Ford. I seem to recall there was a time limit. I got my Michelins in the deal 5-6 years ago.

The recall and free replacement from Ford is over, but there may even be a better deal.

There was a research place buying the Radial ATX tires for quite a nice chunk of change from those that still had them after the recall. They might still be buying them, maybe even at a higher price considering how much harder they are to come by the more time passes.

There was a research place buying the Radial ATX tires for quite a nice chunk of change from those that still had them after the recall. They might still be buying them, maybe even at a higher price considering how much harder they are to come by the more time passes.

That deal is over. I got two out of the junkyard, but unfortunately never got to send them in...

Back